Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning to AF with a Different Approach
Returning to AF with a Different Approach
I am returning to AF. But I have decided to take a different approach starting from today. I've never done this before.

The problem is that I have very black and white thinking and struggle with seeing where lines are. If I even slightly approach a line I end up crossing it without meaning to (or at least I do from the perspective of almost everybody else besides myself).

So... I have decided that the best way to avoid opening up in a negative way and pissing people off with hositility is to avoid opening up too much in any way. I will discuss seriously but I'll try not to get overexcited on open forum (or rather, I'll not use excitable language) in even a happy enthusiastic way. For starters, sometimes to myself I seem excited and laughing and happy but I say hostile things because I'm laughing at people I find silly. That's not productive despite the fact I'm not angry. So... I have decided to just tone the emotional language down altogether.

For all those people out there who can use all kinds of offensive and hostile bad language without going 'too far' I applaud you. I can't do that. At least, not from the perspective of everyone or most folks.

So today is a fresh start for me. I may be mildly rude in a non-insulting way. Just from being very cold and robotic in a lot of my posts. And abrupt. But there will be less emotional language in general from me. I have decided that with me opening up the flask of water leads it to all spill out and flood everywhere. Even if it's an especially tasty cup of spring water. The problem is it's a gigantic cup that floods everywhere and makes a mess!

Yeah, silly and weird metaphor. I know many people are bound to react with "Just express yourself emotionally but in a postive way" or tell me to believe in myself and that I CAN balance it. Well, no I cannot. This is the only way I can do this. I either let it all out or I surpress a lot of my personality in general.

Of course, if anyone wants to get to know the real me they can talk to me 1 on 1... as..... my new approach is only going to apply to group chat. As I don't tend to insult people in private anyway. AF open Forums includes group chat.

Cue jokes about "I thought you had ragequit Hammy".

There was definitely never rage here, lol. And like I said there was a high probability that I'd fail to follow through with leaving and I'm kind of glad I didn't now as I think I have found a solution.

And for the record I *DO* think AF is becoming too safe-spacey. And I AM disillusioned about the way it is changing. And I DO prefer the good old days of AF.

But, I have found a way to cope with these changes, I think.

Love to the whole of AF from Hammy. Including the people I have previously not got along well with who I have insulted a lot.
RE: Returning to AF with a Different Approach
[Image: worldchanging.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Well, I certainly don't like how my world changes when I preferred how it was before it changed. That's kind of true by definition.
What?

You're sneaking up on it from behind to surprise it?

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
This looks like a blog Big Grin

Just don’t let people upset you, Hammy. Don’t reveal all of your heart, because that’s when people will hurt you.
(May 10, 2018 at 4:25 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: This looks like a blog Big Grin

Just don’t let people upset you, Hammy. Don’t reveal all of your heart, because that’s when people will hurt you.

Actually I'm doing this to avoid upsetting others so much that I get a mob after me.
I sincerely wish you luck to be the kind of person you want to become.
<insert profound quote here>
Thank you Neo.
Hammy, you know the old rule ... Everything in moderation... Works for 99% of the people 99% of the time...

Unless you're a kickboxer of course.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Hammy, you know the old rule ... Everything in moderation... Works for 99% of the people 99% of the time...

(May 10, 2018 at 2:48 pm)Hammy Wrote: I know many people are bound to react with "Just express yourself emotionally but in a positive way" or tell me to believe in myself and that I CAN balance it. Well, no I cannot. This is the only way I can do this. I either let it all out or I suppress a lot of my personality in general.

Bold added.