Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harley Davidson Heading For Thailand....
Harley Davidson Heading For Thailand....
So much for all those "manufacturing jobs" flooding back, eh WLB?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car...601033002/

Quote:The union is critical of Harley for investing in Thailand while also receiving tax cuts under President Donald Trump’s new corporate tax plan.

“These companies are taking tax breaks with one hand and handing out pink slips with the other,” said International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers President Bob Martinez Jr. “I’m going to call it like I see it ... this is a corporate ambush on working people."

Well, fuck.  The last thing the Orange  Turd cares about are working people.
RE: Harley Davidson Heading For Thailand....
Corporations for the most part care about maximizing profits. If you can make your product overseas for cheaper, of course you are going to do it. A tax cut at home doesn’t change that. Legislation can.

Of course it’s not a secret that the tax cut wasn’t about bringing jobs back.
That's not what the WLB told his Deplorables. 

But of course anyone who believed him is a horse's ass to begin with.
(May 11, 2018 at 12:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: So much for all those "manufacturing jobs" flooding back, eh WLB?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car...601033002/

Quote:The union is critical of Harley for investing in Thailand while also receiving tax cuts under President Donald Trump’s new corporate tax plan.

“These companies are taking tax breaks with one hand and handing out pink slips with the other,” said International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers President Bob Martinez Jr. “I’m going to call it like I see it ... this is a corporate ambush on working people."

Well, fuck.  The last thing the Orange  Turd cares about are working people.

A Trump voter could catch fire, and Trump would pour gas on them and they'd believe him if he said it was water.

(May 11, 2018 at 1:02 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Corporations for the most part care about maximizing profits. If you can make your product overseas for cheaper, of course you are going to do it. A tax cut at home doesn’t change that. Legislation can.

Of course it’s not a secret that the tax cut wasn’t about bringing jobs back.

You don't have to tell that to the sane, just the moronic voters that since Reagan have voted GOP. Those idiots really believe trickle down works.
Lets revue the tip of the iceberg of jobs being bleed off.

Carrier
Ford
Macy's
Kmart
ToysRus

But what is the orange fuckface worried about? A Chinese tech company. Make China Great Again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1046 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  White Supremacists Heading For My Town Rahul 25 3284 August 27, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej dead at 88 account_inactive 3 762 October 13, 2016 at 11:12 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Bombing in Thailand Fidel_Castronaut 6 1686 August 27, 2015 at 12:53 am
Last Post: mralstoner