Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geocaching?
Geocaching?
Anybody into this? I just found out about this last Friday? A consultant took 4 of our management team out to a nice lunch. We drove in two cars.When the consultant arrived behind our car she said she had to score a cache she found on the way. 

Apparently people camouflage caches all around the world and log them into the GPS and people with this app log when they find the cache. A contest of sorts! 

Pretty interesting!

Link: https://www.geocaching.com/play
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Geocaching?
Not for years but have a few acquaintances that are still into it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I've encountered a few geochachers in pursuit of their quarry. Apparently there is a gradation of difficulty, some easy to find, others are more covert or actually set up as a puzzle to solve to find the item. I found a 'bead' of sorts on a target, it had a long strip of paper in it with the records of all who had found it. I put it back, of course.

The folks doing it seem to have a great time on their quest.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I have eneough trouble finding my keys!
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
I prefer Geohashing: https://www.xkcd.com/426/
(May 14, 2018 at 10:19 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I've encountered a few geochachers in pursuit of their quarry.  Apparently there is a gradation of difficulty, some easy to find, others are more covert or actually set up as a puzzle to solve to find the item.  I found a 'bead' of sorts on a target, it had a long strip of paper in it with the records of all who had found it.  I put it back, of course.

The folks doing it seem to have a great time on their quest.

The one guy I know that does it leaves behind little trinkets for the next person to take. IIRC it was little plastic clown fish.
Are we sure they're still not playing that bloody Nintento game? What's is called.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Not in years, but we used to go fairly often. I should sign in and see if any of the four travel bugs we put in circulation a dozen years ago are still going.
(May 14, 2018 at 11:26 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Are we sure they're still not playing that bloody Nintento game? What's is called.

Poke Your Mom?
Never heard of geocashing till now.