Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
u NO wut iz sad? Precedent Shiphole!
u NO wut iz sad? Precedent Shiphole!
I'll be the first to admit, my grammar and spelling are bad. But then again, I also cant afford staff to double check my work. I do try to use google after I see a red line under a world, even then, I don't always catch that mistake. President Shithole has no excuse and even in school, when a teacher handed back a rough draft paper before the final had to be handed in, I had my friends double check it.

I am glad this lady embarrassed 45. Problem is 45 is too fucking stupid to be embarrassed.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...ds-it-back
RE: u NO wut iz sad? Precedent Shiphole!
Heh, that's absolutely priceless.

I also recently read that he tweeted something about Melania's hospital stay and initially spelled her name as 'Melanie'.  Fair dues, it's an easy enough typo to make, but the name of your WIFE is something you should probably double check before you hit 'send'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 27, 2018 at 8:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Heh, that's absolutely priceless.

I also recently read that he tweeted something about Melania's hospital stay and initially spelled her name as 'Melanie'.  Fair dues, it's an easy enough typo to make, but the name of your WIFE is something you should probably double check before you hit 'send'.

Boru

Can you imagine if Obama did the same how the right would flip out? 45 isn't fit to scoop dog poo. President Shithole would spell it "Dug Pu".
I can well imagine my own wife - her name is Ellen - being in hospital and me tweeting 'Helen is resting comfortably'.  Trust me - this would lead to a SERIOUSLY awkward conversation.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Try misspelling Ron instead of Rob. My other half (named Rob, as you know) would probably get really pissed. The letters are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Why would he be pissed? Because I dated a guy named Ron. He was a psycho. Lolz.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Meh. I haven't found grammar and spelling to be correlated with lack of intelligence or lack of skill, so I really don't care. Plus, I've noted that participation in electronic media changes our language use in ways that language purists would diagnose as wrong -- it's not wrong, just different.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 27, 2018 at 10:40 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Meh.  I haven't found grammar and spelling to be correlated with lack of intelligence or lack of skill, so I really don't care.  Plus, I've noted that participation in electronic media changes our language use in ways that language purists would diagnose as wrong -- it's not wrong, just different.

But it does correlate to a lack of giving a shit, especially in official communication.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 27, 2018 at 10:40 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Meh.  I haven't found grammar and spelling to be correlated with lack of intelligence or lack of skill, so I really don't care.  Plus, I've noted that participation in electronic media changes our language use in ways that language purists would diagnose as wrong -- it's not wrong, just different.

It does matter. When you are in that high position of power, it does matter.

I already said my grammar and spelling suck too. BUT I also don't have a staff to check my work.

If I were to submit my poetry to a publishing company I and had the money to pay someone to correct my errors, I would certainly do that. I wouldn't change my style, no, but spelling errors yes.

He is a diplomat. And on the world stage these things matter. Can you imagine if Stephen Hawking put out  his book "A Brief History Of Time" and it had billions of grammatical and spelling errors?
This is one of those articles that I wish never got written. It's just the unimportant fluff that is the same dumb shit the right wing was doing to Obama for 8 years. Grey Poupon, the Tan Suit, or the umbrella-gate scandal. Just non-issues that carry no substance that take away from the actual journalism on policy decisions where there are legitimate things to criticize (for both men.)
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 27, 2018 at 8:26 am)Brian37 Wrote: I'll be the first to admit, my grammar and spelling are bad. But then again, I also cant afford staff to double check my work. I do try to use google after I see a red line under a world, even then, I don't always catch that mistake. President Shithole has no excuse and even in school, when a teacher handed back a rough draft paper before the final had to be handed in, I had my friends double check it.

I am glad this lady embarrassed 45. Problem is 45 is too fucking stupid to be embarrassed.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...ds-it-back
I agree! Trump and his cronies are ignorant shitheads, but in 2016 the voting public made the worst presidential choice in my lifetime. I was alive when Nixon got elected twice! The American people deserve an F for letting this happen.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sad News for Cat Lovers The Valkyrie 14 3575 October 16, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Sad. Very sad. BrianSoddingBoru4 14 859 August 16, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Would LMAO if it wasn't so SAD Neo-Scholastic 28 1850 July 26, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Sad, But Not Unexpected BrianSoddingBoru4 12 937 June 30, 2018 at 4:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No Nobel for Donald Trump! So sad!! Jehanne 45 4227 June 6, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Sad day - suicide ignoramus 4 1131 July 3, 2015 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Longhorn