Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gulf of Mexico is Dying - Part I
I'm undoubtedly among the worlds leading amateurs when it comes to the sciences, I have the interest, but no background, thought I'd leave this one for the science/tech people here to look over if they care to, I'd be interested in opinions.

A Special Report on the BP Gulf Oil Spill

It is with deep regret that we publish this report. We do not take this responsibility lightly, as the consequences of the following observations are of such great import and have such far-reaching ramifications for the entire planet. Truly, the fate of the oceans of the world hangs in the balance, as does the future of humankind. The Gulf of Mexico does not exist in isolation and is, in fact, connected to the Seven Seas.

The Gulf of Mexico (GOM) does not exist in isolation and is, in fact, connected to the Seven Seas. Hence, we publish these findings in order that the world community will come together to further contemplate this dire and demanding predicament. We also do so with the hope that an appropriate global response will be formulated, and acted upon, for the sake of future generations. It is the most basic responsibility for every civilization to leave their world in a better condition than that which they inherited from their forbears.

After conducting the Gulf Oil Spill Remediation Conference for over seven months, we can now disseminate the following information with the authority and confidence of those who have thoroughly investigated a crime scene. There are many research articles, investigative reports and penetrating exposes archived at the following website. Particularly those posted from August through November provide a unique body of evidence, many with compelling photo-documentaries, which portray the true state of affairs at the Macondo Prospect in the GOM.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/The-G...4-696.html
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
RE: The Gulf of Mexico is Dying - Part I
(December 5, 2010 at 8:48 pm)lilyannerose Wrote: I'm undoubtedly among the worlds leading amateurs when it comes to the sciences, I have the interest, but no background, thought I'd leave this one for the science/tech people here to look over if they care to, I'd be interested in opinions.

A Special Report on the BP Gulf Oil Spill

It is with deep regret that we publish this report. We do not take this responsibility lightly, as the consequences of the following observations are of such great import and have such far-reaching ramifications for the entire planet. Truly, the fate of the oceans of the world hangs in the balance, as does the future of humankind. The Gulf of Mexico does not exist in isolation and is, in fact, connected to the Seven Seas.

The Gulf of Mexico (GOM) does not exist in isolation and is, in fact, connected to the Seven Seas. Hence, we publish these findings in order that the world community will come together to further contemplate this dire and demanding predicament. We also do so with the hope that an appropriate global response will be formulated, and acted upon, for the sake of future generations. It is the most basic responsibility for every civilization to leave their world in a better condition than that which they inherited from their forbears.

After conducting the Gulf Oil Spill Remediation Conference for over seven months, we can now disseminate the following information with the authority and confidence of those who have thoroughly investigated a crime scene. There are many research articles, investigative reports and penetrating exposes archived at the following website. Particularly those posted from August through November provide a unique body of evidence, many with compelling photo-documentaries, which portray the true state of affairs at the Macondo Prospect in the GOM.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/The-G...4-696.html
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010...lled_N.htm

"Scientists believe the Gulf of Mexico can slowly repair itself from the lingering impacts from the spill. How businesses, economies and ways of life recover is much less certain.

"The natural system will come back in a few years and be indistinguishable from what it was," says George Crozier, executive director of the Dauphin Island Sea Lab, a marine research facility in Alabama."

RE: The Gulf of Mexico is Dying - Part I
(December 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm)Mishka Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010...lled_N.htm

"Scientists believe the Gulf of Mexico can slowly repair itself from the lingering impacts from the spill. How businesses, economies and ways of life recover is much less certain.

"The natural system will come back in a few years and be indistinguishable from what it was," says George Crozier, executive director of the Dauphin Island Sea Lab, a marine research facility in Alabama."

A few years? Yeah, right... It took 20 years to get some fish back into areas off the Texas coast from a major spill. The Ship channel, part of the inter-coastal waterway took over 20 years to clean itself to where fish could survive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well the universe is dying... slowly... fucking entropy... dyresand 19 4984 September 14, 2015 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  It's official. The universe is dying. ignoramus 44 9268 August 13, 2015 at 12:58 am
Last Post: ignoramus