Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is imaginary
God is imaginary
I don't know if this has ever been posted here, but I thought I would post it FYI:

http://www.godisimaginary.com/index.htm

It is easy to prove to yourself that God is imaginary. The evidence is all around you. Here are 50 simple proofs:
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: God is imaginary
It won't matter to the true believers, Orog. They are immune to reason.

Their reply will be something along the lines of:

OUR GOD IS DIFFERENT. OUR GOD IS THE REAL DEAL.

(It's called special pleading and all religions are based on it.)
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

That was the last thing I sent one particular asshole.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
It is quite amazing how blind the religious can be. I could show this list to my father and he would start vomiting excuses. You would have to be quite brain dead to deny these.
[Image: YAYBOOMAVAtAR1_zpse61010be.gif]
The feeble mind will pray to god, the feeble mind will fall.
Quote:It is easy to prove to yourself that God is imaginary. The evidence is all around you. Here are 50 simple proofs:

Unfortunately it's not at all easy or simple. .It it were,it's likely someone in recorded history would have done so. The list makes some unfounded assumptions about the nature of any god(s) EG That he(?) MUST be an interventionist deity along the lines of YHWH. Lack of response, or lack of evidence does not falsify the existence of god. That argument is a basic logical fallacy.(argument from ignorance) That list may provide some valid logical inferences,but none falsify the existence of god(s) THAT is why I'm a 'soft atheist' like most people on this forum) I assert "I do not believe in god(s) due to lack of evidence". I am unable to assert "I do not believe as the existence of god(s) has been falsified" because that statement is untrue.

Perhaps we are using to word 'evidence" in different ways,Wiki gives pretty good explanation of what I mean by"evidence".A skeptic,I reject the notion that logic can guarantee truth. I demand logic be supported by evidence.

Quote:Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion. Giving or procuring evidence is the process of using those things that are either (a) presumed to be true, or (b) were themselves proven via evidence, to demonstrate an assertion's truth. Evidence is the currency by which one fulfills the burden of proof.

Many issues surround evidence, making it the subject of much discussion and disagreement. In addition to its subtlety, evidence plays an important role in many academic disciplines, including science and law, adding to the discourse surrounding it.

An important distinction in the field of evidence is that between circumstantial evidence and direct evidence, or evidence that suggests truth as opposed to evidence that directly proves truth. Many have seen this line to be less-than-clear and significant arguments have arisen over the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence

ARGUMENT FROM IGNORANCE:

Quote:Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or appeal to ignorance, is an informal logical fallacy. It asserts that a proposition is necessarily true because it has not been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option: there is insufficient investigation and the proposition has not yet been proven to be either true or false.[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

Carl Sagan famously criticized the practice by referring to it as "impatience with ambiguity", pointing out that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". This should not, however, be taken to mean that one can never possess evidence that something does not exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
(December 6, 2010 at 3:04 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

Yes indeedy. Show me one person in human history who has regrown a limb, and I'll bow the knee ... or at least think about it. Wink
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
(December 6, 2010 at 12:34 pm)orogenicman Wrote: I don't know if this has ever been posted here, but I thought I would post it FYI:

http://www.godisimaginary.com/index.htm

It is easy to prove to yourself that God is imaginary. The evidence is all around you. Here are 50 simple proofs:

Might I add "God is your imaginary friend that makes you feel good" (somebody actually said that on facebook)
undefined
I loved that site and it actually was instrumental in starting the process that lead me to be the atheist I am now, this site finished the job and brought actual good reasons to not believe or at least reject theistic claims. The site is full of a bunch of fallacious arguments though, as Padraic pointed out.
(December 6, 2010 at 5:11 pm)everythingafter Wrote:
(December 6, 2010 at 3:04 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

Yes indeedy. Show me one person in human history who has regrown a limb, and I'll bow the knee ... or at least think about it. Wink

Many a christian have regrown their amputated brain to become atheists. So think harder about bowing. Cool Shades

Isnt it sad when believers pray when something bad is happening. As if a "miracle" is going to pop out of thin air and save there ass? if that ever happens then ill also think about bowing Big Grin
"Religious faith is the species of human ignorance that will not admit even the possibillity of correction."-Sam Harris
For Man to move forward we must throw away religion, and put it in the Mythology section, and then use Reason, Logic, and Common sense to solve all our daily problems. That's a Higher Level of Thinking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My imaginary god Rahn127 10 1177 January 8, 2022 at 9:45 am
Last Post: purplepurpose