Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Do Believe
I Do Believe
Yeah, I do believe that Obama just lost the election of 2012.

Two more years of extended tax cuts for the rich opposed to a one-year extension of benefits for the unemployed. Come next year what will Obama give the GOP? Social Security?

Thinking

Time for a serious third party.
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
RE: I Do Believe
Specially with the crap the government is pulling over wikileaks, it would be funny if every party didn't get enough votes to get in any party that would be hilarious Big Grin
(December 6, 2010 at 9:49 pm)Ashendant Wrote: Specially with the crap the government is pulling over wikileaks, it would be funny if every party didn't get enough votes to get in any party that would be hilarious Big Grin

I can live with that.

The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
Quote:Time for a serious third party.

Never happen. Wait till you see what the Republican primary season looks like next time out. Each one will be trying to prove that he/she is a bigger nazi than the next guy/gal. The left will have no choice but to support the Democratic nominee. Maybe they could scare up a primary challenge but it won't get far.
(December 6, 2010 at 10:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Time for a serious third party.

Never happen. Wait till you see what the Republican primary season looks like next time out. Each one will be trying to prove that he/she is a bigger nazi than the next guy/gal. The left will have no choice but to support the Democratic nominee. Maybe they could scare up a primary challenge but it won't get far.

Unfortunately, I think that's just the way it's going to play out. Although the up side is that I'm seeing a growing dissatisfaction with the Dems, I think it's time that the left became to the Dems what the tea party has to the GOP and that is it's time to start upsetting some primaries.

- Albert Einstein
[Image: sarah_she_wolf.jpg]
(December 6, 2010 at 9:46 pm)lilyannerose Wrote: Yeah, I do believe that Obama just lost the election of 2012.

Two more years of extended tax cuts for the rich opposed to a one-year extension of benefits for the unemployed. Come next year what will Obama give the GOP? Social Security?

Thinking

Time for a serious third party.

I am really disappointed in Obama right now. And the repub response? "We'll probably support an extension of jobless claims" (paraphrased, but the "probably" part is verbatim). Why does Obama think that bipartisanship with the repubs is possible? They've made him look like an ass and he's saying "Thank you sir may I have another" to them. Argh!
"Religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers."
We definitely need to primary Obama in 2012.

The only thing that will get me to vote for Obama again would be if the Republicans run either a hardcore fascist and/or someone who I'm convinced will trigger WWIII.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
I would despise a country that can elect a sarah palin a lot more than sarah palin itself.
(December 6, 2010 at 11:44 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: We definitely need to primary Obama in 2012.

The only thing that will get me to vote for Obama again would be if the Republicans run either a hardcore fascist and/or someone who I'm convinced will trigger WWIII.

What else do you think they have left? They chased all the moderates out after 2008.