Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump space force: US to set up sixth military branch

President Donald Trump has ordered the US military to establish a sixth branch of its armed forces - a "space force".
The US president said on Monday it would bolster national security and the economy with the creation of jobs.
"It is not enough to merely have an American presence in space. We must have American dominance in space," Mr Trump said at the White House.
He also promised that the US would "return Americans to the Moon" and would eventually send people to Mars.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44527672

All this from a country that needs to ask the Russians to get it's astronauts to and from the ISS?
They can't even get to low Earth orbit but think they can have a "space force"?
Funding for Nasa has been cut and money thrown away by cancelling projects part way through... so sad
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Trump space force: US to set up sixth military branch
Great, militarizing space now. T.rump will leave his mark on history.
(June 19, 2018 at 5:09 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Great, militarizing space now. T.rump will leave his mark on history.

Nuke 'em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

What... what? There isn't enough space on Earth for him to swing his dick around?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Just a distraction, there isn;t going to be any space force.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Damn Khem, I just invested in a Duck Dodgers toddler space warrior training camp.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 19, 2018 at 7:19 am)robvalue Wrote: What... what? There isn't enough space on Earth for him to swing his dick around?

Oh, he'd have plenty of room in a phone booth. 

Phone booth, a glass box where you could use a land line to make a phone call.
Or where you change into superman.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You lot absolutely need this.  When the aliens invade, you'll have the Space Force ready to separate them from their spawnlings, which will serve as a deterrent to further illegal crossings of the space border.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I figured the AFSC would eventually become it's own branch, there was talk of making it a sixth branch back when it was first started decades ago, but this still seems premature. We just don't have enough of a presence in space to justify it.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Webb Space Telescope pics pocaracas 18 2209 December 8, 2022 at 3:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A Simple Demonstration of Space/Time Relativity Rhondazvous 14 2524 August 26, 2019 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Vince
  Space Shuttle video site zebo-the-fat 0 504 October 6, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  No perfect circles in space... Jehanne 42 7085 July 23, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  How Do Scientists Know It's Space Expanding Not Galaxies Moving? Rhondazvous 43 9803 August 18, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too? Rhondazvous 14 1716 August 2, 2017 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  POLL: Is Space Continuous or Discrete? Severan 4 1846 July 14, 2017 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  What Did Einstein Mean when He Said Space is Curved? Rhondazvous 33 11232 June 16, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Which space mission would you choose? Fake Messiah 30 2574 March 29, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Quantum tunnelling for space travel... Iroscato 8 2914 November 22, 2016 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Whateverist