Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page skipping.
Page skipping.
An oddity I see on this site is that when I log in, a new thread may appear with say, five pages in the thread and I read the first page then for whatever reason I log out again, but when I log back In and click first unread post it takes me to the last post in the session. Not where I left off.

Why for this happen?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
RE: Page skipping.
Click on the green arrow to the left of the title, instead of the title. That will take you to the next post past where you left off.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 19, 2018 at 4:57 pm)Fireball Wrote: Click on the green arrow to the left of the title, instead of the title. That will take you to the next post past where you left off.

Not exactly. It'll take you to the first new post after closing that thread. If you read the first 30 posts of a 45 post thread then close the thread, you'll come back to post 46 when you click back in later.

At least, that's been my experience.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Thank you both but no, that's exactly what doesn’t happen.
I've read the first page of This thread
of 39 posts, now if I log in later it won't take me to post eleven where I left off, it will take me to post forty.

It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
That's what I was attempting to describe.
And your description was spot on. My bad. Blush
Solution: never ever ever log off.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yeah, it's always been like that... Might be a MyBB "feature" and there's no way to change, but let's wait for the powers that be...
It would be nice if the software would remember at least the current page when you close the thread instead of the last post, but as Poca said, it may just be the way MyBB operates and no way to change it.
Other forums I visit will do what you are asking for. It's probably just different flavors of the software.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Page 3 of "KKK in Norther Ireland?" thread not working Duty 9 1178 October 30, 2018 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  AF Facebook Page brewer 4 1529 April 24, 2016 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Wikipedia Page Shuffle 53 8120 August 18, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  A way to know which page on a thread your last post is on. Spooky 10 3517 July 20, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  First Post (OP) Repeat on every page of the thread Forsaken 10 2276 February 15, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Nope
  FAQ page on WTF is atheism. Aoi Magi 14 3382 November 2, 2014 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Page displaying upside down on mobile safari Anomalocaris 3 2716 April 1, 2013 at 2:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Page Selection Waratah 5 2762 September 23, 2012 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Waratah
  insults page! jackman 22 7690 July 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Full shoutbox warning page Napoléon 1 1968 March 6, 2012 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Tiberius