Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the black man embraced Christianity
How the black man embraced Christianity
[Image: 36324081_2133093553431785_66899867756050...e=5B9E72D7]
RE: How the black man embraced Christianity
Well, technically, that's one of the ways the black man embraced Christianity. It's not quite the Ur-document the image macro is claiming because, the book shown, and originally entitled The Religious Instruction of the Negroes in the United States was published in 1843. While that may very well have been an influential text on getting the slaves addicted to the opium of the masses, it's too young to be THE text on disseminating it, especially considering that over a century earlier, United Society Partners in the Gospel, as well as many Great Awakening preachers, were making damn good headway in bringing the gospel to slaves (and, of course, twisting it to their own ends to make them more compliant.) As a matter of fact, Nat Turner, leader of the infamous slave rebellion of 1831, was a devout (if unorthodox) Christian:

Nat Turner Wrote:And on the 12th of May, 1828, I heard a loud noise in the heavens, and the Spirit instantly appeared to me and said the Serpent was loosened, and Christ had laid down the yoke he had borne for the sins of men, and that I should take it on and fight against the Serpent, for the time was fast approaching when the first should be last and the last should be first.

This vision happened 15 years before the book in the OP was published.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 29, 2018 at 7:51 pm)Kit Wrote: [Image: 36324081_2133093553431785_66899867756050...e=5B9E72D7]

You do realize there were black Christians in the bible right?
I wouldn't place too much confidence in anything that is in that stupid bible.
What a life. One layer of physical slavery upgraded by a second one, mental...
[Image: vILxTud8_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(June 29, 2018 at 7:51 pm)Kit Wrote: [Image: 36324081_2133093553431785_66899867756050...e=5B9E72D7]

Well, if anything it says black people are as gullible to bullshit as white? Ya know, white folks torched their own for wotchcraft and other mystical reasons before.

The desease is transversal to race. It is simply of the mind. Who wouldn't want the eternal sky daddy watching over them.
(June 30, 2018 at 5:32 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Well, if anything it says black people are as gullible to bullshit as white? Ya know, white folks torched their own for wotchcraft and other mystical reasons before.

The desease is transversal to race. It is simply of the mind. Who wouldn't want the eternal sky daddy watching over them.

Being uprooted from their native culture, subjugated into being slaves (in a version of the system that took everything bad about it and ratcheted it all up to eleven), and having their descendants grow up in what Massa tried his damnedest to turn into a Platonic Cave certainly helped matters on that front.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Someone asked me once what I thought of the movie "Glory.". I said that while it took a few historical liberties its basic fact was that black troops were as willing to be led to slaughter by incompetent officers as white soldiers.

Stupidity is not race based. That's why they are xhristards.
(June 30, 2018 at 7:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Someone asked me once what I thought of the movie "Glory.". I said that while it took a few historical liberties its basic fact was that black troops were as willing to be led to slaughter by incompetent officers as white soldiers.

Stupidity is not race based.  That's why they are xhristards.

The Bible is just a military code of conduct for everyone.  It's message is complete obedience and loyalty to the Boss.  If people are unwilling to do that then there would be no wars.  If you're in themiltary and you're told to go charge a machine gun you do it without a second thought although chances are very good that you will die.  That's what the Bible teaches.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 7007 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6068 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6800 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  THE BLACK HEBREW ISRAELITES!! Duke Guilmon 3 2266 April 25, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8497 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18329 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9478 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Is black (or white) magic real? Darkstar 18 7997 December 31, 2012 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Mark 13:13
  What are Black People Thinking??? Cinjin 40 13377 December 28, 2011 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Atheists are closer to Christianity than those who believe God is a man in the sky? AthiestAtheist 10 4588 November 18, 2011 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused