Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West World
West World
Has anyone been watching? Love this series!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: West World
I'm sure Rev. Rye will be here soon to tell you all about how much he loves the show. Wink
(June 29, 2018 at 8:57 pm)Kit Wrote: I'm sure Rev. Rye will be here soon to tell you all about how much he loves the show.  Wink
I don't spend much time on television. There are a few shows though. West World is one.

(June 29, 2018 at 8:57 pm)Kit Wrote: I'm sure Rev. Rye will be here soon to tell you all about how much he loves the show. Wink

Did someone mention my name? Earlier this week, I spent a good portion of my visit with my therapist going over the series (naturally, the small time) and its appeal. For me, it's the philosophical and scientific things that really intrigue me. Overall, I have to admit that the second season isn't as good as the first (especially before Host!Ford finally shows back up in Episode 7), but hopefully, Nolan and Joy will find some way to make it all come together, and won't totally fuck up all the goodwill Season 1 built up for it (and apparently, there will be more seasons), like some other creators... *COUGH*ChrisCarter*COUGH*JJAbrams*COUGH*
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 29, 2018 at 9:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 8:57 pm)Kit Wrote: I'm sure Rev. Rye will be here soon to tell you all about how much he loves the show.  Wink

Did someone mention my name? Earlier this week, I spent a good portion of my visit with my therapist going over the series (naturally, the small time) and its appeal. For me, it's the philosophical and scientific things that really intrigue me. Overall, I have to admit that the second season isn't as good as the first (especially before Host!Ford finally shows back up in Episode 7), but hopefully, Nolan and Joy will find some way to make it all come together, and won't totally fuck up all the goodwill Season 1 built up for it (and apparently, there will be more seasons), like some other creators... *COUGH*ChrisCarter*COUGH*JJAbrams*COUGH*

I like seaon 2 because I think we are seeing the emergence of a single intelligence represented by all the hosts. I also don't know if William is a host or not.

(June 29, 2018 at 9:00 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
I don't spend much time on television. There are a few shows though. West World is one.

I got a subscription to HBO renewed (we still had one years ago, but we kind of dropped it a while back) specifically to watch Season 2, because I knew it would be a long fucking time before they put it out on Blu-Ray and never before it comes out on Netflix and Hulu.

I have been waiting for it to hit Netflix, is it going to hit Netflix?
(June 29, 2018 at 9:14 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 9:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Did someone mention my name? Earlier this week, I spent a good portion of my visit with my therapist going over the series (naturally, the small time) and its appeal. For me, it's the philosophical and scientific things that really intrigue me. Overall, I have to admit that the second season isn't as good as the first (especially before Host!Ford finally shows back up in Episode 7), but hopefully, Nolan and Joy will find some way to make it all come together, and won't totally fuck up all the goodwill Season 1 built up for it (and apparently, there will be more seasons), like some other creators... *COUGH*ChrisCarter*COUGH*JJAbrams*COUGH*

I like seaon 2 because I think we are seeing the emergence of a single intelligence represented by all the hosts. I also don't know if William is a host or not.

Well, technically, the emergence plot was Season 1, Season 2 involved dealing with the repercussions, and showing the scale of the problem (since it spread to the other parks, and even Host Tigers.) I'm not saying Season 2 was bad, I'm just saying it's not as good as the first, especially since they used the dramatic and character arcs more effectively. Then again, I suspect rewatching Season 2 might endear me more to it and cause me to get it more. Having to wait a week for each part kind of breaks the immersion and makes it a bit harder to wrap your head around all the multiple timelines. It helped me getting into the first season last year because Dad managed to get it on OnDemand and I could binge it.

Also, regarding the William question:

(June 29, 2018 at 9:25 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: I have been waiting for it to hit Netflix, is it going to hit Netflix?

NOPE. HBO doesn't do Netflix or Hulu, which has been a big stumbling block in my getting into the series, since the DVD wasn't yet out when I first heard about it and got intrigued.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Images: The West Vs. Middle-East Foxaèr 5 1126 June 15, 2017 at 10:20 am
Last Post: vorlon13