Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hocus-pocus allergy test
Hocus-pocus allergy test
When I was younger, I had an intolerance to dairy products. Before my parents knew this, they took me to an alternative medicine place to identify the problem. I held a phial containing various substances to my chest, and my mum held my hand, and the 'nutritionist' pushed down on my mum's arm. When I was holding a phial of milk, my mum says her arm felt definitely weaker, and she couldn't resist the nutritionist's push on her arm. This was supposedly something to do with negative energy flowing through me because of the intolerance I had to the milk. Beforehand, it might be significant to note, the 'nutritionist' quizzed my mum on my diet.

Needless to say, I'm sceptical about this method, as was my mum before she did it. Has anyone heard of this method before? And does anyone have any suggestions as to how this appeared to work?
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
RE: Hocus-pocus allergy test
sounds like quack medicine to me.
If there was any difference in the arm movement it may of been because you already suspected dairy was the problem and you reacted with an ideomotor responce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Hocus-pocus allergy test
(December 11, 2010 at 8:10 am)The Omnissiunt One Wrote: When I was younger, I had an intolerance to dairy products. Before my parents knew this, they took me to an alternative medicine place to identify the problem. I held a phial containing various substances to my chest, and my mum held my hand, and the 'nutritionist' pushed down on my mum's arm. When I was holding a phial of milk, my mum says her arm felt definitely weaker, and she couldn't resist the nutritionist's push on her arm. This was supposedly something to do with negative energy flowing through me because of the intolerance I had to the milk. Beforehand, it might be significant to note, the 'nutritionist' quizzed my mum on my diet.

Needless to say, I'm sceptical about this method, as was my mum before she did it. Has anyone heard of this method before? And does anyone have any suggestions as to how this appeared to work?

If it's anything like the "balance" test the first time they push on your elbow, the second time on the wrist, this give them much more elevation. The also often push down and back the first time, bringing the victims waist, back and knees into which lessens the amount of energy they have available to push your arm downwards, the second time they put more force downward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0Gb9EgkHA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Truth Test or Knock on no Doors of Delusion Jenny A 13 3677 August 12, 2014 at 8:25 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Psychics fail test zebo-the-fat 11 3282 October 31, 2012 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy