Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not watering plants during the summer day is a myth!
Not watering plants during the summer day is a myth!
Generations have been misled; science to the rescue (once again!):

Quote:A long held belief among gardeners that watering plants in the heat of the midday sun can damage the leaves has been proved false following research by scientists.

Sunburnt plants 'myth' is debunked

And, so, yes, people can, collectively, believe in things that are false!
RE: Not watering plants during the summer day is a myth!
I've always avoided watering during the heat of the day to avoid the excess evaporation. Especially an issue here where the climate is so dry. Mom believed the sunburned plant myth though. Smile
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
If I cave in and water them during the heat of the day they won't understand who is their god.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
ROFLOL
Wha.......?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I hadn't heard of this. I have heard that if you do it in the evening, it will attract bugs overnight. So early morning would be best just so you aren't standing in the sun when it's 100+ degrees out.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I use drip irrigation and I water in the middle of the day as well as in the eve. Drip is wonderful, no evaporation so they can drink when they are thirstiest.
[Image: dobie.png]
Did anyone else notice how fucking old this article is? 2010.

Damn persistent myth even with no magical promise.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I was always told to do it in the morning because of the excess evaporation like what The Gentleman Bastard said. Then again I live in Texas so it's usually so dry and hot that a drop of water is gone almost instantly. I once walked outside with dripping wet hair and in literally 2 minutes of being outside it was dry.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Plants don't take in water at night, they "rest" like most other things. Starting the day with a nice drink of water is what they like.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shutting down fossil fuel electric plants Rahn127 51 3616 October 25, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Human brain activity during stone tool production. The Grand Nudger 6 1498 May 2, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Exclamation Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over? theBorg 26 4564 August 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Climat Change is not a commie myth. Brian37 98 37308 June 8, 2013 at 2:53 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Paleo-Diet Myth thesummerqueen 38 7554 April 15, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Shell B