Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapture on another planet
Rapture on another planet
We saw from Christians on this forum that they are ready to wait for Jesus for many many years and generations.

So let's for a moment take a Christian viewpoint and Jesus returns in 10.000 years and people happen to live on other planets than Earth like Mars or even in other star systems or even galaxies - will they be ignored or will they be teleported to Earth to be judged? Or will Jesus destroy the whole universe?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Rapture on another planet
Looks like the deal is a different planet with different heavens..

Revelation 21 New International Version (NIV)
A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=NIV

Because like that god fella is going to really burn this one badly

*bold mine
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(July 17, 2018 at 3:59 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: We saw from Christians on this forum that they are ready to wait for Jesus for many many years and generations.

So let's for a moment take a Christian viewpoint and Jesus returns in 10.000 years and people happen to live on other planets than Earth like Mars or even in other star systems or even galaxies - will they be ignored or will they be teleported to Earth to be judged? Or will Jesus destroy the whole universe?

Scripture say that Jesus die once for all, so if there were people on other planets they would not know this and that would be unfair to them and since you are saying take a Christian POV and God being fair and just there can't be people on other planets. God is going to destroy this corrupted universe and create a new one for us, He is wiping the slate clean and all will be well forever and ever, just as one of your fellow atheist has pointed out.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 18, 2018 at 2:22 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(July 17, 2018 at 3:59 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: We saw from Christians on this forum that they are ready to wait for Jesus for many many years and generations.

Scripture say that Jesus die once for all, so if there were people on other planets they would not know this and that would be unfair to them and since you are saying take a Christian POV and God being fair and just there can't be people on other planets. God is going to destroy this corrupted universe and create a new one for us, He is wiping the slate clean and all will be well forever and ever, just as one of your fellow atheist has pointed out.

GC

Jesus only died for ensouled human beings.

He did not die for plants, animals or freaking aliens.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

GC

If "other people" on other planets don't know about Jesus and in turn, don't know about the bible or the Omni-everything that is supposed to be your god, then they can't possibly be corrupt in any way, shape or form, according to the laws of your god, as they are written in the bible. Don't you think that if your god really created the universe, that every being capable of thinking like humans, on every single habitable planet would know about him? 

You literally just stated here that we are the only beings in the entire universe that know about god. Now, I ask you - how can this teeny, tiny, itty, bitty, little planet in such a vast universe be so important that if there was a god, we are the sole reason for why all that vast space and those  infinite universes exist?

If you believe this, then I have some ocean front property in Arizona that I'd like to sell you.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I don't know about the rest of you but every time I read the title all I hear is Blonde.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

GC

GC, the OP is rather obviously talking about human colonies on other planets.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 18, 2018 at 8:29 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Jesus only died for ensouled human beings.

He did not die for plants, animals or freaking aliens.

Actually, Scripture says otherwise:

"We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies." - Romans 8 [my emphasis]
<insert profound quote here>
Groan...
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 18, 2018 at 8:57 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I don't know about the rest of you but every time I read the title all I hear is Blonde.

If Heaven's soundtrack consists of harps and white angels awkwardly rapping, they can have it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011 post from Facebook regarding 2012 "rapture" Foxaèr 1 565 May 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Rapture October 7th, 2015 JesusHChrist 171 27377 October 19, 2015 at 6:13 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6166 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Rapture September 2015 TubbyTubby 706 124263 October 1, 2015 at 6:58 am
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Rapture report dyresand 58 9075 September 25, 2015 at 4:46 am
Last Post: Randy Carson
  How will you spend your last four days on earth? Rapture and end days, oh my! Whateverist 40 7235 September 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Rapture news thread 15th - 22nd dyresand 63 10354 September 19, 2015 at 4:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Questions About the Rapture Jenny A 72 24797 September 16, 2015 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  do you remember that guy who said the rapture was coming? atheist04330 11 3431 July 12, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  When the Rapture comes- all the children leave professor 58 11484 March 17, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas