Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books
Books
What are you reading? I'm going through the British history. I strongly recommend to read Dan Jones, I've read his  books about The Wars of the Roses and The Knights Templars. I'm waiting to get his book The Plantagenets: The Kings and Queens Who Made England.
RE: Books
I'm currently reading a book called Why We Buy. It's about the psychology behind shopping, and a very interesting read if you like behavioral economics.

There's probably an existing thread for this though... :/
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
How to be champion by Sarah Millican.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XCNP49G/r...TF8&btkr=1

and

The Salmon of Doubt by Douglas Adams

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salmon-Doubt-Hi...n+of+doubt

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'm a huge fan of Richard Dawkins' work. I've read almost everything by him.
(July 21, 2018 at 1:52 pm)DodosAreDead Wrote: I'm currently reading a book called Why We Buy. It's about the psychology behind shopping, and a very interesting read if you like behavioral economics.

There's probably an existing thread for this though... :/

I was told to create new threads so I create new threads....

The book you are reading sounds interesting. I can relate to the subject. I went to a beer festival in Germany and being drunk I began to buy things I regret now. 

I do like to read Books by Peter Ward, a professor in Paleontology. 

I like the  When Earth Nearly Died: The Greatest Mass Extinction of All Time by Micheal J Benton.
Right now, I'm re-reading Candida Moss' "The Myth of Persecution."

Xhristards do so love their little myths.
(July 21, 2018 at 2:01 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Richard Dawkins' work. I've read almost everything by him.

I have never read his stuff. His The God Delusion, got some reactions. I will see if I can find it (I don't want to buy every book I want read)
Pearl Harbor by Craig Nelson. Good for the political run up to the raid.
Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton G. Malkeil. Trying to understand some basic finance and investing tips.

Tao: The Watercourse Way by Alan Watts and Al Chung-liang Huang. I'm a big fan of Watts and Taoist philosophy, finally getting around to reading his take on it.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(July 21, 2018 at 1:52 pm)DodosAreDead Wrote: There's probably an existing thread for this though... :/

Several, actually, and all of them fall in the exception to the necroposting rule.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favourite books/author The Valkyrie 50 2552 April 28, 2021 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Most Awful Books Ever The Architect Of Fate 18 1336 June 19, 2020 at 3:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  atheism books recommendations WolfsChild 8 950 May 24, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  20 books considered the worst Foxaèr 29 4384 July 21, 2018 at 3:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Let's Talk About Books Shell B 65 7368 January 22, 2018 at 1:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question for those who read Terry Brooks' Sword of Shannara books Foxaèr 2 750 October 12, 2017 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  David Bowie's 100 Favourite books: How many have you read? Rev. Rye 27 2489 October 22, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dan Brown Books. Cecelia 51 4512 September 1, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Guilty Pleasure Books BrokenQuill92 1 818 July 27, 2015 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Favorite Fantasy books and writers? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 15 3184 July 24, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire