Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's familiar with Arizona?
Who's familiar with Arizona?
So, I have a trip to Arizona coming up next week.  Anyone here familiar with the Phoenix/Scottsdale area with some input?  Anywhere I need to try to visit or see while I'm in town (if I have time, that is).
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Who's familiar with Arizona?
Min lives there.
(July 29, 2018 at 6:58 am)Kit Wrote: Min lives there.

Hardly a recommendation.  Tongue

(July 29, 2018 at 6:57 am)TaraJo Wrote: So, I have a trip to Arizona coming up next week.  Anyone here familiar with the Phoenix/Scottsdale area with some input?  Anywhere I need to try to visit or see while I'm in town (if I have time, that is).

Too bad you don't have a free day, the Grand Canyon isn't that far off.
(July 29, 2018 at 6:59 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(July 29, 2018 at 6:57 am)TaraJo Wrote: So, I have a trip to Arizona coming up next week.  Anyone here familiar with the Phoenix/Scottsdale area with some input?  Anywhere I need to try to visit or see while I'm in town (if I have time, that is).

Too bad you don't have a free day, the Grand Canyon isn't that far off.

Oh, yeah, I know.  I remember going, way back when I was a teenager.  It was really awe inspiring.  I'll be doing a return trip next year (shooting for June) and I'm hoping I can get the time and resources to visit there with Lee while in the area.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Find a local that can take you to Joe Canyon.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Bang Bang!

https://scottsdalegunclub.com/firearm-re...tures.html

Or go for a ride.

http://pleasantvalleyairport.com/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Went there once. It is about 3 hour drive to the rim of the Grand Canyon, if you have someone to take you there. I would NOT recommend you hike down to the bottom though, very narrow path and people fall off of it every year.  Very hot during the day, so hot that if it is 80 degrees over night you'll be wearing a coat, not kidding.

Other than that, I have no clue, there are other cities I like lots better.
Min is somewhere in that place. After the grand canyon the oldest reliq of that place.
(July 29, 2018 at 10:33 am)LastPoet Wrote: Min is somewhere in that place. After the grand canyon the oldest reliq of that place.

What is fucking stupid is that YECs point to the Grand Canyon as proof of a global flood, not understanding the concept of erosion over millions of years.
(July 29, 2018 at 10:41 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 29, 2018 at 10:33 am)LastPoet Wrote: Min is somewhere in that place. After the grand canyon the oldest reliq of that place.

What is fucking stupid is that YECs point to the Grand Canyon as proof of a global flood, not understanding the concept of erosion over millions of years.

Just point out that one side of the canyon is several hundred feet higher than the other side.