Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"That's Fake News!"
"That's Fake News!"
I am noticing a trend with some of my more right leaning friends. They have this tendency. See whenever something questionable happens and people get upset about it and it blows up on social media (especially if the political left gets involved in any way), they do everything they can to try to convince me that it's fake news. Every. Single. Time.

"They are lying about what's happening at the border. Those pictures are from years ago. Here, look at this proof from Conservative News Daily."

"No Jair, that black man actually DID have a gun. Here is the leaked photo proving it from Conservative Times."

"No Jair, you cannot purchase a gun at gun shows without a background check in conservative states. That is a lie and fake news."

"You are being brainwashed by the liberal fake news media."

"No, Jair, snopes is not a trustworthy source as they have proven to show themselves loyal to the left so we can't trust anything they say."

So... I just trust the right wing conspiracy theories without question? That is your solution?

Like seriously? You think just because they are republicans and they say they are "good Christians" that it must be true? Come on now. Come on!

Anyone else noticed this trend?
RE: "That's Fake News!"
They are bullshit artists.  It really isn't anything new.  The Orange Turdfuhrer has simply weaponized it.
(July 29, 2018 at 6:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They are bullshit artists.  It really isn't anything new.  The Orange Turdfuhrer has simply weaponized it.

Scary thing is most of the people I know legitimately believe this is right. They put this political stuff in the same category as their faith, and I don't know if they're even aware of it.
This is why I argue against trying to "engage" with trumptards.  They are so fucked up as to be beyond hope.  Stupid, racist, assholes.
(July 29, 2018 at 5:13 pm)JairCrawford Wrote: I am noticing a trend with some of my more right leaning friends. They have this tendency. See whenever something questionable happens and people get upset about it and it blows up on social media (especially if the political left gets involved in any way), they do everything they can to try to convince me that it's fake news. Every. Single. Time.

"They are lying about what's happening at the border. Those pictures are from years ago. Here, look at this proof from Conservative News Daily."

"No Jair, that black man actually DID have a gun. Here is the leaked photo proving it from Conservative Times."

"No Jair, you cannot purchase a gun at gun shows without a background check in conservative states. That is a lie and fake news."

"You are being brainwashed by the liberal fake news media."

"No, Jair, snopes is not a trustworthy source as they have proven to show themselves loyal to the left so we can't trust anything they say."

So... I just trust the right wing conspiracy theories without question? That is your solution?

Like seriously? You think just because they are republicans and they say they are "good Christians" that it must be true? Come on now. Come on!

Anyone else noticed this trend?

Another 'trend' you might not be too thrilled about started back in the late 80s and 90s.

Bush 41 was frequently criticized in the media for ignoring the homeless. So was Bush 43. Curiously, with scarcely a change in the homeless numbers during his tenure, Clinton 42 enjoyed a 90% drop in such reports compared to either Bush . . . . . .

Bernie Goldberg wrote a whole book on this funny little anomaly.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

To be fair, the liberal press does pretty much pound the Rs into paste. I don't need them to do it to sway me, all I need to do is watch and see what comes out of their mouths and how they act. I get my fill online, as I don't really watch a lot of TV (as stated in another thread). Again, to be fair, a lot of Ds act like complete ass wipes. I've observed that as well.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Tell them they’re fake people!
Dying to live, living to die.
The news of fake news is fake.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Yeap, Trumpanzees are full of shit

[Image: FJJncdSK_o.jpg]

[Image: uyTM1TId_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
DAFUQ !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fake CNN report recorded on tape; 2017; London Attacks WinterHold 12 4975 June 27, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: FFaith
  Actual fake news is literally destroying America in my opinion NuclearEnergy 23 8775 May 19, 2017 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Trump: The FAKE NEWS media is the enemy of the American people! Aegon 147 24399 February 28, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Trump: "Any negative polls are fake news" Aegon 112 15798 February 13, 2017 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Good News - Bad News Minimalist 3 653 July 5, 2016 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: account_inactive