Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new digs.
My new digs.
Our landlord sold the apartment, so we had to move.  Here's a few picks from the new place.

When I first looked at the bathroom, I was disappointed to see only a shower.  A lot of places in Korea have only a shower, so it was not surprising-- only disappointing.

[Image: MfAfRPs.jpg]

But then when we actually moved in and I went to take my first shower, I found THIS around the corner:
[Image: yiA4c0A.jpg]

Whirlpool, big enough for me and the wife, and our son if we're so inclined. It's hard to see the size, but I'm a pretty big boy and I can just about stretch right out in it.

My camera had trouble with my bedroom window, but here's what a sunset looks like from my window:
[Image: JdNW53e.jpg]

Those apartments are about 70 floors high. . . pretty normal in Korea now.  Here's a picture of the neon signs that are all over Korean cities:
[Image: HQyWWsT.jpg]

Sorry the picture is blurry.  I'll try and get some better pictures later.

Anyway, what do you guys think so far?
RE: My new digs.
Your on the right side of the border. Looks pretty kool.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You're Korean or you just live there?
Nice....Looks super modern.
I've always dreamed of living in a place like that. Give me big cities, I say, the bigger the better.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
*Pouts to mirror*

Does this shade of envy suit me?
(August 1, 2018 at 12:23 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I've always dreamed of living in a place like that.  Give me big cities, I say, the bigger the better.

+1
I love the anonymity of living in a big city.

Benny, what floor is your apartment on?

-Teresa
(August 1, 2018 at 8:40 pm)Tres Leches Wrote:
(August 1, 2018 at 12:23 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I've always dreamed of living in a place like that.  Give me big cities, I say, the bigger the better.

+1
I love the anonymity of living in a big city.

Benny, what floor is your apartment on?

-Teresa

Only the 10th

My building only has 36 floors, so I'm 1/3 of the way toward maximum perfection.

I'm the opposite.
I've always dreamed of living in a house where I can't see any sign of human life around me.
And I'm working on it.

Anyway, Bennyboy, Korea is one of my future travel destinations in a year or two.
Hope you're still there and I'll call in for a drink. :-)

To be honest, I'm kind of stuck in Korea. I decided that I wouldn't leave until I could buy a house with some grass in a little town in Canada.

@Little lunch
Just let me know. You are welcome any time!