Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensiveness
Defensiveness
In real life, we're constantly taught to not be defensive, because "the customer is always right" or "I'm your mother, and I know best", etc.

Do you find yourself being more defensive online, a safer place, than in real life?  Or do you mirror your real life and continue being a sheep online?

Have you broken the non-defensive mold in real life?  How so?
RE: Defensiveness
Why do you want to know? Why are you interrogating us like this? I don't have to tell you anything.
(August 6, 2018 at 12:31 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Why do you want to know? Why are you interrogating us like this? I don't have to tell you anything.

I respect your decision to venture nothing you deem too personal to share.
Normally I found that the customer was a fucking jackass.
There's a difference between being assertive and being defensive. I try to hew toward the former and avoid the latter, but who am I to judge how successful I am in that?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Take a flying leap.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I use dark humor as a defense mechanism constantly, mostly irl though instead of online because it doesn't always translate well online. It serves dual purposes of often keeping people at arm's length and making people (who get the humor) laugh.

-Teresa
Remember that the best defence is a good offence!

😉
Dying to live, living to die.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 6, 2018 at 11:48 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Remember that the best defence is a good offence!

😉

I would've said the best defense is a nuke from orbit, but yours will work too. Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.