Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Force?
Space Force?

RE: Space Force?
We can't afford universal health care, but we can afford to spend billions on an imaginary enemy in space?
(August 10, 2018 at 12:02 pm)Kit Wrote: We can't afford universal health care, but we can afford to spend billions on an imaginary enemy in space?

: [Looks at Bill Randa] Sometime's there's no enemy until you look for one.
(August 10, 2018 at 12:02 pm)Kit Wrote: We can't afford universal health care, but we can afford to spend billions on an imaginary enemy in space?

I tend to agree, the money could probably have better uses. But how much do we spend to take a selfie of mars, and couldn’t the same argument be made.

I don’t think that it is necessary right now, but probably will happen before too long, and it never hurts to be first in an arms race.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
We do not need a bullshit comic book entity.

The Air Force takes care of protecting our satellites and NASA already does space exploration. So what the fucking moron should do is fund cyber security through the Air Force and fund NASA for space exploration, instead of creating another needless bureaucracy.
Quote:I tend to agree, the money could probably have better uses. But how much do we spend to take a selfie of mars, and couldn’t the same argument be made.
Nope one is science and discovery the other is military posturing .

Quote:I don’t think that it is necessary right now, but probably will happen before too long, and it never hurts to be first in an arms race.
This will start and arms race that need not happen .But gotta love your pessimism.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

[Image: 9ddd1720439488dbece4200231ef54c2--halo-s...e-ship.jpg]
Wink 
(August 10, 2018 at 12:11 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:

I tend to agree, the money could probably have better uses. But how much do we spend to take a selfie of mars, and couldn’t the same argument be made.

I don’t think that it is necessary right now, but probably will happen before too long, and it never hurts to be first in an arms race.

Tell that to the Germans.

(Starting an arms race only makes war more likely, not victory).
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
The Tabloid "President" just likes buzz words.
(August 10, 2018 at 12:11 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:

BULLSHIT, here is what IKE said about being weary of the global weapons industry and arms race. He understood, like you don't seem to, we live in an age of nukes and mutual destruction of the ENTIRE SPECIES.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The latest billionaire space circle jerk. Brian37 38 2364 September 28, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  This space for rent: NASA considers ads on spacecraft - good or bad? Angrboda 16 610 September 13, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Jeff Sessions "Religious Liberty Task Force" Foxaèr 126 8065 August 6, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Space Directive Un, Part Duex...no trois..no.... The Grand Nudger 44 7080 December 19, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Alabama Megachurch To Have Its Own Police Force Secular Elf 13 1454 April 26, 2017 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Saudi Prince Tried To Force Oral Sex ReptilianPeon 4 1206 September 27, 2015 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Space Ship Two crashes, one dead. c172 9 1981 November 1, 2014 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Air Force to allow the omission of "So help me God" from enlistment oath Dolorian 12 2431 September 19, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Sex Geckos die in Orbit on Russian Space Project CapnAwesome 16 2443 September 3, 2014 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Jenny A