Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Iowa Republican Party platform.
The Iowa Republican Party platform.
Some highlights (from my home state):

Quote:I. Our nation is a Constitutional Republic whose Foundation is the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
We acknowledge our rights derive from God, our Creator, and are therefore unalienable and include Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness (e.g. private property). Further, the Right to Life shall be understood to include all people from conception to natural death. We are a nation governed by people elected to public office that are sent to represent us, the citizens. Our Constitution provides limits to governmental power, explicitly details our fundamental rights and insures that only the enumerated powers contained within the Constitution are executed by the federal government. All other functions of government are left to the state and local governments.

Life

1.  We move the Iowa Republican party aggressively support a “life begins at conception” bill without exceptions. We believe that all human beings, from conception to natural death, have a God given and constitutionally protected right to life, which cannot be infringed we believe all such issues belong under the constitutional authority of the state, not federal government.
     6.  We encourage the repeal of any laws allowing any marriage that is not between one natural man and one natural woman.
     8.  We call for the repeal of sexual orientation as a protected class in the Iowa Civil Rights Code and reject any additional similar legislation to Local, State or National Code.

Commerce

4.  We oppose all mandates associated with alleged global warming, or climate control.

This platform was adopted at the 2018 Iowa GOP State Convention on June 16, 2018.

Iowa GOP platform
RE: The Iowa Republican Party platform.
So?  There are asshole republicunts in Iowa.... and everywhere else.
I think that Hell will freeze over, thaw out and then freeze again before the Iowa GOP get what they want; still, it's scary to see that some people still think this way, though.  And, these are the morons whom Trump is catering to while he is screwing the rest of Us.
(August 18, 2018 at 11:08 am)Jehanne Wrote: Some highlights (from my home state):

Quote:I. Our nation is a Constitutional Republic whose Foundation is the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
We acknowledge our rights derive from God, our Creator, and are therefore unalienable and include Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness (e.g. private property). Further, the Right to Life shall be understood to include all people from conception to natural death. We are a nation governed by people elected to public office that are sent to represent us, the citizens. Our Constitution provides limits to governmental power, explicitly details our fundamental rights and insures that only the enumerated powers contained within the Constitution are executed by the federal government. All other functions of government are left to the state and local governments.

Life

1.  We move the Iowa Republican party aggressively support a “life begins at conception” bill without exceptions. We believe that all human beings, from conception to natural death, have a God given and constitutionally protected right to life, which cannot be infringed we believe all such issues belong under the constitutional authority of the state, not federal government.
     6.  We encourage the repeal of any laws allowing any marriage that is not between one natural man and one natural woman.
     8.  We call for the repeal of sexual orientation as a protected class in the Iowa Civil Rights Code and reject any additional similar legislation to Local, State or National Code.

Commerce

4.  We oppose all mandates associated with alleged global warming, or climate control.

This platform was adopted at the 2018 Iowa GOP State Convention on June 16, 2018.

Iowa GOP platform
That's a religious bigots platform not a real political party platform surely.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Those two items aren't mutually exclusive in Iowa. Religious bigotry and scientific ignorance have become the GOP brand nationwide, frankly. Used to be they had a bad actor problem, now they have a bad act problem.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I like how they have to change it to "natural man and natural woman", now that transgender is a more outspoken thing. Like a trans man and a trans woman doesn't count.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Never let it be said that “corn fed” should carry less than the utmost of projoratige connotations.
I agree with everything in the Iowa Republican Party platform except for those...whaddyacallem…'words'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 18, 2018 at 12:25 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I like how they have to change it to "natural man and natural woman", now that transgender is a more outspoken thing. Like a trans man and a trans woman doesn't count.

Intersex persons can never marry in the Iowa GOP's despotic vision? The Handmaid's Tales, anyone?
Quote:We believe that all human beings, from conception to natural death, have a God given and constitutionally protected right to life

The Iowa Republican Party is therefore against the pointless wars and quagmires? It opposes police brutality too? It seeks put an end to starvation wages?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1493 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 723 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 270 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1091 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 578 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Iowa Caucus onlinebiker 15 940 February 7, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1452 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1048 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 617 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Refusing service because of political party. brewer 212 30408 July 11, 2018 at 3:18 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb