Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pushrod help?
Tongue 
Pushrod help?
Guys, since the forum's a bit slow, I decided to put this is the humour section.
I'd like to hear opinions from non-car people!

OK, so I'm looking into beefing up the top end.
With the new roller rockers, I'll obviously need to use guide plates as well.
But everyone knows that guide plates can wear out standard factory pushrods, so I need the hardened variety.

I'm torn between plain 3 piece hardened pushrods which will do the job or should I pay $100 extra for chrome moly 1 piece pushrods?

All opinions are welcome... Shy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Pushrod help?
Titanium with hardened inserts.

Edit: I have no fucking clue.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 20, 2018 at 8:03 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Guys, since the forum's a bit slow, I decided to put this is the humour section.

But everyone knows that guide plates can wear out standard factory pushrods, so I need the hardened variety.

I'm torn between plain 3 piece hardened pushrods which will do the job or should I pay $100 extra for chrome moly 1 piece pushrods?

Feckin' Fords. Tongue  Doesn't your engine have a rocker arm shaft? If not, maybe you can find some Teflon® kit to minimize the abrasion from the guide plates.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(can't get shaft for canted valve clevos!)

Brewer wins so far for best sounding answer! lol

keep 'em coming! C'mon girls!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
[Image: 61W9BxJUWmL._SX342_.jpg]
[Image: il_570xn-664088248_7ds0-570c397760.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Shit V, now you're scaring away the passerby's!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 20, 2018 at 8:03 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Guys, since the forum's a bit slow, I decided to put this is the humour section.

I think hard rods will usually get the job done, imo.  It’s very important that you always push the rod deep into the top end.  The bottom end...well, that doesn’t work on all models. You’ve got to know how to rock and roll well enough without involving the bottom end, which takes some practice.  Beef up under the hood wherever you can, for as long as possible, and don’t forget your gear oil. lubrication is crucial. Finally, when choosing between three hard rods, always go for sturdiness rather than length.  And, a little extra cash can always get you what you want.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 20, 2018 at 9:16 pm)ignoramus Wrote: (can't get shaft for canted valve clevos!)

Brewer wins so far for best sounding answer! lol

keep 'em coming! C'mon girls!

Too true. I don't have rocker arm shafts on my Big Block Chevy.

LadyForCamus

I think hard rods will usually get the job done, imo.  It’s very important that you always push the rod deep into the top end.  The bottom end...well, that doesn’t work on all models. You’ve got to know how to rock and roll well enough without involving the bottom end, which takes some practice.  Beef up under the hood wherever you can, for as long as possible, and don’t forget your gear oil. lubrication is crucial. Finally, when choosing between three hard rods, always go for sturdiness rather than length.  And, a little extra cash can always get you what you want.

Hilarious Dayamn, you are funny, for not being a car person...or ARE you!? :brow:
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Fireball. I think she's on the plonk again! Everything's about sex when you're drunk! lol!

My next post was going to be about putting a girdle on to reinforce the bottom end, but now I'm not so sure! Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.