Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Francis Abuse Scandal
Pope Francis Abuse Scandal
Just saw this news this morning:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pope-franci...1535286713

I always liked Pope Francis, but if this is true then I agree with Archbishop Vigano that he needs to resign. I don't see why the Archbishop would lie about something like this.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Pope Francis Abuse Scandal
And for those people who may not subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, here's the full letter.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former...d-sanction

Quote:Pope Francis covered up McCarrick abuse, former US nuncio testifies (OFFICIAL TEXT)
Aww...and all this time we thought Popey McPopeface was going to fix everything.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 26, 2018 at 11:39 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Just saw this news this morning:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pope-franci...1535286713

I always liked Pope Francis, but if this is true then I agree with Archbishop Vigano that he needs to resign. I don't see why the Archbishop would lie about something like this.

Pretty sure they all knew at the higher levels, probably including the archbishop Vigano.
Of course they knew.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/po...-1.1271328#

Quote:Pope Benedict's resignation linked to gay conclave: report

You can't keep something like that quiet.
Funny thing: The complete and utter moral bankrupcy, ethical deprivation and full-blowen corruption of The catholic church didn't play a Part in me losing my faith. It only revealed itself to me in full after i had lost it.
But yes, all The hiërarchs were and are in the know. I do believe that now. As a sect, this is institution is a ladder. And those who stay true to their ideals, The simple priests and monks, stay closer to The earth, and it's people. Those who trade in ideals for ambition, Climb.

I don't think all priests are pedophiles. Not even most. Not by a long shot. But The ones who are, are protected by those who protect The ladder.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
When the pope gives the evidence, names and details of all the priests and nuns involved in child abuse to the police then maybe I will be able to forgive him. If he doesn't, as head god-botherer he is as guilty as the pervert priests and deserves nothing but contempt.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm interested to know what Pope Francis will say about this once he puts out a statement.

I assume he either gave McCormick the benefit of the doubt, choosing to believe he was innocnet....

...OR his thinking was that since Mcormick's wrong doings had happened decades ago, he was now a changed man and decided to give him a chance in a position where he couldn't do any harm.

I don't don't believe Pope Francis simply forgot what he had been told about McCormick's past, or that he didn't realize it was him.

I always liked and admired Pope Francis's non judgemental and forgiving attitude, but this goes too far. McCormick should have been punished under the law for what he did, no matter how sorry he was or how long ago it happened. And Pope Francis should have seen to that. A major failure on his part.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
It's kind of like impeaching Trump though, the replacement could end up being worse than what you're replacing.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'll risk it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It doesn't matter what you think Pope. Brian37 21 1310 April 5, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Pope sued Foxaèr 12 821 November 29, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Saudi Arabia: Leaked reports reveal severe abuse of political prisoners-The Guardian WinterHold 6 1100 April 13, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Catholic abuse investigations expand. brewer 29 2914 September 11, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The pope hasn't read the bible. Succubus 1 497 January 24, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Pope doesn't trust God...... Brian37 8 822 December 11, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The curious case of Francis Rawls. Jehanne 18 4090 March 27, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Isis
  Yes, it WAS abuse, but damn it's funny vorlon13 8 1341 March 3, 2016 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Joods
  Catholic Position On Reporting Abuse brewer 30 5263 February 21, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Catholic Abuse Choir Children brewer 9 1918 January 8, 2016 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe