Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you want to live forever?
Do you want to live forever?
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/do-you-wa...e-forever/

Awesome doco. Some insane fellas Tongue
RE: Do you want to live forever?
No thanks. One life time's worth of me is already an excessive burden on the innocent world. It would be unconscionably thoughtless of me to inflict two lifetimes worth of me on the innocent world.
It wasn't a question, it was the name of the Documentary Tongue
Well, to be fair, it IS also a question isn't it?

Oh, and I like the idea a lot. I don't fear death but I am particularly fond of experiencing.
I dont fear death.
But dying, I'm terrified of that.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It's the question of just because you can do something, should you?

Unintended consequences could prove to be devastating to our species.

The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
(December 21, 2010 at 2:27 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I dont fear death.
But dying, I'm terrified of that.

Then ensure that you die quickly when you are ready Sleepy

Living forever is a tertiary goal... a thing I would make a decision on only when all of my other goals are complete. For now, i do not wish to live forever.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I'd be immortal, if I could. I like knowing thing and I don't like having a time limit to the things I could do.
Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing how things are in 500 years.... 50,000 years.... 50,000^50,000 years... and so on.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
I prefer to eventually clear the stage so posterity can have their own acts. They don't need a load of interminable old farts trying to steal their glory.
Saw a a show once where they asked the audience by show of hands who "wanted to live forever"? Nobody put their hands up then they asked "who wants to die one day"? Nobody put their hands up either and they all awkwardly laughed. Quite interesting when you put effectively the same question in those two different ways.

Personally, I would love to live forever...the idea of death scares me, lots.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You lost, and everybody saw it, I'll beat you forever WinterHold 3 588 October 20, 2023 at 5:07 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  I Want Your Cray Cray Foxaèr 8 1266 May 10, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  You Have To Give Saturday Night Live Credit Minimalist 0 363 October 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help? ErGingerbreadMandude 23 3206 August 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Long Live Ronnie J Dio!~ ignoramus 3 743 August 1, 2017 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  1812 Overture with 105mm cannons live ignoramus 12 3194 June 14, 2017 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Live Tweeting Star Wars - the LOL Edition thesummerqueen 0 762 December 29, 2015 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  The Republicunts Never Want To Negotiate.....Jon Stewart Shows What They Do Want. Minimalist 4 1104 April 15, 2015 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do you want to build a snowman? Foxaèr 9 1704 December 26, 2014 at 4:15 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Re-live the 11th Doctor in 16-bit! Aractus 0 927 March 26, 2014 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Aractus