Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OuttaTime
OuttaTime
So TTA----henceforth referred to as TPTSNBN (The Place That Shall Not Be Named) is no more.  It's demise, though not unexpected, was nevertheless hastened by several hours quicker than we'd been led to believe, leaving many of us with an abundance of as yet unopened party chips, dip, cheeses, nuts, hotdogs, marshmallows, hard spirits and a ludicrously wide variety of marinades and barbeque sauces from all over the world for the babies.  The bonfire hadn't even been lit yet.  It's not even dark yet.  I, like so many others, were not even there to witness the plug being pulled.  I had laid down for a nap so as to be fresh for tonight's party.  Upon awakening I discovered it......closed.  No fanfare.  No fireworks.  No five minute warning, no Bomb. Just.....closed.  It deserved a better end.

So anyway, I want to thank THIS place for being so overwhelmingly welcoming to us, and gentle with us over this past week and a half of bearing witness to our tearing our hair out and self-flagellation through our quickly-constructed hair shirts.  Your kindness during our assimilation is truly greatly appreciated.

I have mentioned this in other threads but want to say it again, now that the dirty deed is done:
I issue a challenge to each and every one of the refugees.  If you follow the link at the right hand top of the page where it mentions supporting Patreon and just root around a bit, you will see where it explains that it costs a mere $56 a month to support this place.  For as little of a pledge of just a DOLLAR a month you can become a supporting member and help defray those costs.  A dollar, people.  I throw that at scratch off tickets every trip to the grocery store and the odds of getting something more worth the money from this place are waaaaaaaaaaay higher, right?

Think of it as bringing a box of wine for your host.  Of course, we're not required to do this to join the party and some won't be able to.  Some will be able to make even more of a pledge.  But please, inasmuchasyouareable, let's show our appreciation for having this forum to land in.  I've pledged a dollar a month and contributed $10 as a one-time-lump-up-front donation as well.  That last part is a little trickier to accomplish, but the $1 (or more) pledge per month is set up to be easy-peasy.

Please give what you can.  Let's do ourselves proud in our invasion.[Image: money-pile-smiley-emoticon.gif] 
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
RE: OuttaTime
Invasion of the purple names.   Panic
Yeah, I haven't slowed down long enough to figure out what I need to do to get mine officially converted to purple. Pretty sure I'm entitled to it now though.

Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.
You could always flood somebody's inbox: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/contact

(ass gotta be an ass)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 30, 2018 at 7:23 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: Yeah, I haven't slowed down long enough to figure out what I need to do to get mine officially converted to purple.  Pretty sure I'm entitled to it now though.

Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

Purple is for donators, either through Patreon or otherwise.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I can't complain as much as many others who had many more memories, posts, and interactions to lose than I did, but there was some stuff I still meant to save. Shouldn't have procrastinated. Daggumit
(December 4, 2015 at 10:40 am)Dex Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 5:28 pm)DerFish Wrote: A termite wanks into a bar

╭( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╮
 /\(██)/\
 /\(██)/\
 /\(██)/\
----(█)

I’m sorry to all refugees for your loss. I hadn’t been active much on TTA recently, but it’s where I became an atheist and it had a piece of my heart. So many memories too. <3
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Yay!  Got my purple name and fistful of stars!  Thanks!

If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 30, 2018 at 7:18 pm)Kit Wrote: Invasion of the purple names.   Panic

Like royalty.

But seems like the whole tribe fits here just fine. Good to have everyone available on one stop shopping.