Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloweeners
Halloweeners
I read the BEST Halloween *prank* EVER.

A couple of college students got a door, complete with frame.  Installed a knocker on it.  Put a hand written sign on it that said "Please knock, bell is broken."   Dressed up as elderly people.  One even had a walker.

Go up to door on Halloween and ring door bell.   Person answers the door with bowl of candy in hand expecting trick or treaters.  Is faced, instead, with above described door.  Uses knocker as instructed.  College boy dressed as old man opens fake door with his own bowl of candy in hand filled with single-wrapped butterscotch hard candies and starts in with ooohs and ahhs and calls the person soooo cute.  Calls for Ethel to come look at this one.  Ethel appears at door using walker.  Does her own ooohs and ahhs, admires the homeowner's costume, prompts them with "now what do you say?"  (Makes homeowner say "Trick or treat") and pinches their "cute little cheeks" and hands them a single butterscotch candy.    Tells them "Happy Halloween"  and closes the fake door.

I.JUST.LOVE.THIS. 

Who here does Halloween and how?  We used to dress the house up big time but have just kind of slacked off over the years.  Between all the churches having their own events (to keep the kids safely away from Satan) and the town having a big trunk Halloween, we just don't get the foot traffic to make it worth the bother any more.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
RE: Halloweeners
For decorations I usually just switch on my Christmas porch lights, which are extremely eldritch-looking -- swirly blue kaleidoscope thingamajigs.

One Halloween I want to do a Wicked Witch of the East scene, with striped stockings and ruby slippers sticking out from the foundation of the house. Haven't yet found suitable shoes to make into the ruby slippers, though.

My daughter and I usually dress up to hand out candy. As I currently have startlingly white hair, this year I'll probably get out my black robes, apply a thin dusting of gold makeup, and channel Raistlin Majere. With the improvement in LEDs over the years, I might even be able to create a functional Staff of Magius -- last time I tried, using a flashlight bulb, I couldn't get the crystal bright enough.
I haven't done anything since my early twenties. The last time I celebrated the holiday was when I dressed as Britney Spears, from her music video Stronger, and we hung out in Ybor.
My typical costume for Halloween is jeans, engineer boots, and my beloved AC/DC t-shirt - I  like to go as someone who DIDN'T make an ass of himself. One exception to this was a couple of years ago - my wife wore a t-shirt reading 'Netflix' and mine read 'Chill'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm a bit miserable when it comes to Halloween, kids knock on my door, I just open it and say "Trick".
Hose on the porch with a spot light solves most of my halloween issues.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 2, 2018 at 2:00 am)Astreja Wrote: For decorations I usually just switch on my Christmas porch lights, which are extremely eldritch-looking -- swirly blue kaleidoscope thingamajigs.

One Halloween I want to do a Wicked Witch of the East scene, with striped stockings and ruby slippers sticking out from the foundation of the house.  Haven't yet found suitable shoes to make into the ruby slippers, though.

My daughter and I usually dress up to hand out candy.  As I currently have startlingly white hair, this year I'll probably get out my black robes, apply a thin dusting of gold makeup, and channel Raistlin Majere.  With the improvement in LEDs over the years, I might even be able to create a functional Staff of Magius -- last time I tried, using a flashlight bulb, I couldn't get the crystal bright enough.

One can now buy annoying bright LED bulbs that would do the trick. Just gut one of those little $8 flashlights at Target or its equivalent for the parts.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
We love Halloween! We all dress up in a family 'theme'. We go TOTing w/ a group and the kids have a lot of fun.

Smile
I “disappear” about half a dozen adults and kids every Hallowe’en.

That way they really have something to fear when they go out trick or treating.

I’m sure that, under all the trepidation and terror, they appreciate the effort I put in.

🤪
Dying to live, living to die.
We live in a 110 year old warehouse in a sketchy, mixed industrial/suburban neighborhood. No one has ever knocked on our door in the 36 years I've been here. I'm real lazy about dress up, I shouldn't eat a lot of candy and besides, isn't it a demonic holiday?