Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Presidential Alert?
National Presidential Alert?
Don't be bothering my phone with that nonsense.  

Arrgghh
RE: National Presidential Alert?
Eh, it's a test of the national alert system. Glad it works.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 3, 2018 at 2:19 pm)Kit Wrote: Don't be bothering my phone with that nonsense.  

Arrgghh

Well, an emergency test is a good idea. We should know that our alert system is operating as we expect it to.

I do feel a little concerned that the WH may feel that we need to test this system because they fear that we might actually need it in the near future.
Aren't they required to test it every few years?
Am I having a deja vu about this topic?

Either way, given the current administration of the US.... it makes sense.
My cell phone is only used in emergencies and the rare occasion where I need to carry a phone. The alert passed me by blissfully unaware.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 3, 2018 at 2:30 pm)Kit Wrote: Aren't they required to test it every few years?

Yes, but traditionally it's only been through radio and television. Now they did their first test through people's phones, which makes far more sense.

It's funny that people are so partisan that they are pissed at the emergency broadcast system.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(October 3, 2018 at 2:19 pm)Kit Wrote: Don't be bothering my phone with that nonsense.  

Arrgghh

Alert! Alert! Your president is a pussy grabbing moron with a microscopic dick. End of Alert! End of Alert!

(October 3, 2018 at 2:58 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(October 3, 2018 at 2:30 pm)Kit Wrote: Aren't they required to test it every few years?

Yes, but traditionally it's only been through radio and television. Now they did their first test through people's phones, which makes far more sense.

It's funny that people are so partisan that they are pissed at the emergency broadcast system.

And here was I thinking it were your crowd were against the government doing shit (mainly for fear of showing up private industry as tax evading incompetents).
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I thought this alert went out in January of 2017?
I don’t mind the test, I just hope Trump doesn’t start texting out his tweets now that he knows it works.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 220 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  National Lampoon documentary Fake Messiah 13 1916 September 30, 2015 at 11:11 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  National Geographic Channel: T. Rex Autopsy Secular Elf 1 1065 June 7, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  National News Website AFTT47 1 4149 April 3, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann
  National geographic photo contest 2012 Dee Dee Ramone 4 2895 January 8, 2013 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Fifty Shades of Grey in contention for the British National Book Award Justtristo 0 1141 November 14, 2012 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Justtristo