Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God in schools
God in schools
Someone I know posted this on FB. 

[Image: iSXYXdwSYWWYBOS-800x450-noPad.jpg?1529708688]

And I always want to ask them - Why?? Why do kids need a fear of god in order to be moral and good? Isn't this a parent's job? Why is morality tied to their Christian god? And if this is their plan, then why do believers still do bad things? 

I am just venting. I am tired of arguing with people, so I won't say anything. But if god enters my child's school, I would consider it a true downfall of modern society, not an advancement.
RE: God in schools
I'm assuming they mean the Muslim god Allah, right? I'm sure they'd be totally fine with that god being championed by schools, right?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
She is Catholic.

And this is something I also think about - to what 'god' are you referring that will purportedly 'save' our children?
Why does God have to go back to school??
(October 4, 2018 at 8:44 am)Figbash Wrote: Someone I know posted this on FB. 

[Image: iSXYXdwSYWWYBOS-800x450-noPad.jpg?1529708688]

And I always want to ask them - Why?? Why do kids need a fear of god in order to be moral and good? Isn't this a parent's job? Why is morality tied to their Christian god? And if this is their plan, then why do believers still do bad things? 

I am just venting. I am tired of arguing with people, so I won't say anything. But if god enters my child's school, I would consider it a true downfall of modern society, not an advancement.

If you need to have a fear of God in order to be good, you have reduced God to nothing more than the monster under the bed.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 4, 2018 at 8:47 am)Figbash Wrote: She is Catholic.

And this is something I also think about - to what 'god' are you referring that will purportedly 'save' our children?

Well yeah, that's was my point.  The people who cry out for "god back in schools" never specify which god, and don't seem to understand that not everyone attending those schools wants or worships the same god as they do.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 4, 2018 at 8:49 am)Mathilda Wrote: Why does God have to go back to school??

I think he failed logic and reasoning.
God was in the same science class as me back in -04, cool guy. I dunno why they want God to go back to school.
(October 4, 2018 at 8:49 am)Mathilda Wrote: Why does God have to go back to school??

Because it uses fear as a motivator/manipulation. Rather than school, how about putting god on the shrinks couch. (god = the human that made up this shit)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 4, 2018 at 8:54 am)Figbash Wrote:

I think he failed logic and reasoning.

And biology.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supreme Court Rules Taxpayers Must Fund Religious Schools Duty 17 1521 July 2, 2020 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What is your Opinion on Having Required Classes in Logic in Schools? Salacious B. Crumb 43 9139 August 4, 2015 at 12:01 am
Last Post: BitchinHitchins
  In the country I'm in now religion is still taught in schools TechAtheist 16 4010 July 8, 2014 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  "Not praying in schools is a promotion of atheism!" - An actual human being. Esquilax 18 6476 August 30, 2013 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Gove open to atheist schools downbeatplumb 17 4137 July 29, 2010 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  BHA - Campaign against Faith Schools goes upa notch moodydaniel 2 1308 November 18, 2009 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Violet