Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supposedly she's a global phenomenon
Supposedly she's a global phenomenon
Never heard of her until tonight and never listened to any of her music before.

You be the judge:

1.4 billion views can't be wrong, right?
RE: Supposedly she's a global phenomenon
She really is a global phenomenon at this point, New Rules was hugely popular, and so was IDGAF. And this was at a time when it was hard to find anything other than Despacito and Shape Of You playing in public places, so it was definitely something. Personally I think she's pretty but way overrated in terms of singing.... her songs are really generic, although she has a few good bops in there, and she sounds terrible live. Literally terrible. I'm a little disappointed in my generation tbh. (and it's not because I hate pop music or anything like that, I love many current global superstars, I stan Ariana Grande and Liam Payne, but Dua is just a bit too talentless for my taste.)
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
I'd rather have my eyes drilled out with rusty drill bits than willfully listen to this garbage.
I gave it ten seconds. That's all I could take. Why did you leave us, Aretha Franklin?
Beethoven had the right idea.
C'mon people, that's a really catchy tune, don't dismiss things without trying.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Listened all the way through.  I don't see her as particularly better or worse than most of the other syntho-pop divas out there.  She's not awful, I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Nope.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A quote supposedly from Gustave Flaubert FlatAssembler 10 1001 January 14, 2020 at 8:22 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Warm as a love poem she greeted me WinterHold 14 1177 November 21, 2019 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: WinterHold