Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meaning behind your username 2.0
Meaning behind your username 2.0
I figured I would resurrect this thread since we have new members.

Kit is a nickname bestowed upon me by forum members.
RE: Meaning behind your username 2.0
If you say it fast enough, then you'll know.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Quote:In Norse mythology, Jörmungandr (Old Norse: Jǫrmungandr, meaning "huge monster"), often written as Jormungand, or Jörmungand and also known as the Midgard Serpent (Old Norse: Miðgarðsormr), or World Serpent, is a sea serpent, the middle child of the giantess Angrboða and Loki. According to the Prose Edda, Odin took Loki's three children by Angrboða, the wolf Fenrir, Hel and Jörmungandr, and tossed Jörmungandr into the great ocean that encircles Midgard. The serpent grew so large that he was able to surround the earth and grasp his own tail. As a result, he received the name of the Midgard Serpent or World Serpent. When he lets go, the world will end. Jörmungandr's arch-enemy is the god Thor.
Quote:It is said Jörmungandr will be killed by Thor at Ragnarok, but Thor will only walk nine paces before dying himself, of the serpent's poisonous venom.

[Image: sea_serpent.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Citroen D model, referred to as "La Deesse" (the godess)

I own one of those
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Metal head stoner terminology for cutting a pentagram into one’s own skin

\m/(>.<)\m/
The Minimalists are a group of scholars who think the bible is full of shit.

I agree with them.
I lack creativity.
No particular reasoning.   I started on a forum for my bike, and had to choose a user name.   I had RoadRunner cable service, and thought that seemed like a good username for a bike forum, and I do like Looney Tunes.  I started posting on another forum from the same service, and logged into both with the same name.  Kept it here, because I was too lazy to think of something new.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(October 11, 2018 at 12:36 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
Quote:In Norse mythology, Jörmungandr (Old Norse: Jǫrmungandr, meaning "huge monster"), often written as Jormungand, or Jörmungand and also known as the Midgard Serpent (Old Norse: Miðgarðsormr), or World Serpent, is a sea serpent, the middle child of the giantess Angrboða and Loki. According to the Prose Edda, Odin took Loki's three children by Angrboða, the wolf Fenrir, Hel and Jörmungandr, and tossed Jörmungandr into the great ocean that encircles Midgard. The serpent grew so large that he was able to surround the earth and grasp his own tail. As a result, he received the name of the Midgard Serpent or World Serpent. When he lets go, the world will end. Jörmungandr's arch-enemy is the god Thor.
Quote:It is said Jörmungandr will be killed by Thor at Ragnarok, but Thor will only walk nine paces before dying himself, of the serpent's  poisonous venom.

[Image: sea_serpent.jpg]

Hey! Daikaiju!
'Brian Boru' was high King of Ireland in the early 11th century.

'Sodding' is a mild swear word.

'4' because I'm shit at remembering passwords.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My username is funny Slave 22 5296 July 24, 2013 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Username/Avatar ... why oh why? mayor of simpleton 40 6586 January 20, 2012 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The meaning of my name AthiestAtheist 15 3240 January 15, 2012 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: 8BitAtheist
  Clarifying what my username means Atheist Jew 9 3109 June 11, 2011 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  The meaning of Atheism. leveni 45 14158 September 25, 2010 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: leveni