Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Don't Think It Is A Psychological Quirk
I Don't Think It Is A Psychological Quirk
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/psychol...g-science/

Quote:This psychological quirk explains why Trump supporters can’t see he’s an idiot — according to science

I just think they are idiots, too!
RE: I Don't Think It Is A Psychological Quirk
Quirk?

Is multi-generational inbreeding and being dumb as fuck really considered a quirk?
Dying to live, living to die.
Seems so.
Hey, we're just one of the three remaining chimp species. We're not all super clever all the time. Maybe we shouldn't expect a democracy to work when half the human chimps are running on the same mental functioning as the other two chimp species?
(October 18, 2018 at 6:16 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Hey, we're just one of the three remaining chimp species. We're not all super clever all the time. Maybe we shouldn't expect a democracy to work when half the human chimps are running on the same mental functioning as the other two chimp species?

And still swinging in their family trees...
Dying to live, living to die.
The Republicans were in a demographics bind. So Trump solved that problem by opening the door to all the deplorables, who had been marginalized for decades.

It wasn't so much stupid as reckless and self-defeating in the long run.
(October 18, 2018 at 6:05 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Quirk?

Is multi-generational inbreeding and being dumb as fuck really considered a quirk?

Evolution will play its games, now and then.
-- 
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

That's right. And you gotta admit: Trump supporters are pretty quirky.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Honestly, as tempting as it is to assume that nobody with a functioning brain would support Trump, or would see through his bullshit immediately, the article is talking about a phoenomenon that's actually pretty readily apparent. In addition to comparing the level of self-confidence (megalomania might be a better term in this case) Trump displays with the confidence radiated with presidents like JFK and Reagan (your mileage may vary on how much of that confidence was actually justified in either case), displays of confidence are shockingly effective, even if they're not actually justifiable. To use just one example: you know the stereotype about how women like bad boys who'll beat the crap out of them, as opposed to the Nice Guys who'll treat them right? That's an illusion that exists because the people who spread it don't take into account that the bad boys who hurt women tend to get women who'll put up with them because they radiate confidence.

It's pretty much the same with Trump. Trump may be even more obvious an example, because, while anyone who's actually listening to what he's saying and has any idea of how the world actually works can see through his bullshit, less attentive listeners can be taken in with depressing ease. Or it could just be what Alfred said:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  polls, Americans don't think about Russia Interaktive 21 1453 December 13, 2019 at 6:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I really don't know what to think anymore NuclearEnergy 10 2439 February 15, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  I don't think this is prejudice… BrokenQuill92 42 5224 December 10, 2015 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Senate votes to abolish "don't ask don't tell" theVOID 11 3591 December 20, 2010 at 7:26 am
Last Post: Jaysyn