Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad News For Evangelicals
Bad News For Evangelicals
Even they don't know what they are supposed to believe!

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/new-sur...-religion/

Quote:New survey reveals that most evangelical Christians don’t know the central tenets of their own religion

Click on the link for State of Theology for more on how dumb the dumbfucks really are!
RE: Bad News For Evangelicals
(October 19, 2018 at 4:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Even they don't know what they are supposed to believe!

Quote:New survey reveals that most evangelical Christians don’t know the central tenets of their own religion

Click on the link for State of Theology for more on how dumb the dumbfucks really are!

As an ex-Catholic this doesn't surprise me.  Few Catholics I grew up with had ever read the Bible, or cared to.  I was an adult before I ever visited any Catholic home that actually owned a Bible.  The Code of Canon Law is huge, and most Catholics don't even know it exists.  Given that level of blissful unawareness in an entity as widespread and powerful as the Catholic Church, it's hardly astonishing that other sects boast similar levels of ignorance.

Many's the theist I've debated with over the years who was less familiar with the Bible than this poor, "dumb" atheist.  
Go figure.  Dunno
-- 
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
It's hard to know which make believe is more make believe than any other make believe.
Really? You think if Christians read lines from Bible like

Exodus 22:28-30
“You shall not delay to offer from the fullness of your harvest and from the outflow of your presses. The firstborn of your sons you shall give to me. You shall do the same with your oxen and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with its mother; on the eighth day you shall give it to me.

they would stop being Christian? Or would they still support it like they do Trump no matter what crimes and lies he commits?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 19, 2018 at 4:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Even they don't know what they are supposed to believe!

DAMN IT, YOU MEAN "POOF" is not an explanation?
Do they know about the "sucking each others dick" rule(s)?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'd be satisfied if they recognized and practiced the Christian tenets of charity, forgiveness, and kindness.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 19, 2018 at 6:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'd be satisfied if they recognized and practiced the Christian tenets of charity, forgiveness, and kindness.

Boru

This... I've always believed that I'm more Christian than Christians.
(October 19, 2018 at 6:53 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(October 19, 2018 at 6:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'd be satisfied if they recognized and practiced the Christian tenets of charity, forgiveness, and kindness.

Boru

This... I've always believed that I'm more Christian than Christians.

Know what you mean.  I'd like as not continue my charitable donations even if I were a believer, but I'd continue to give to poor people rather than to help my pastor buy that new Gulfstream he's had his eye on.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Boru

That isn't their Trumpy Jesus, though.

[Image: Huiop4MC_400x400.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Evangelicals freak out. Jehanne 17 1670 December 4, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Evangelicals, Trump and a Quick Bible Study DeistPaladin 52 4699 November 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1664 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 9893 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  The Problem With This Guy Is That He Does Not Understand Evangelicals Minimalist 1 1107 April 6, 2017 at 12:19 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5539 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  12 Unbelievably Bad Marketers in Jerusalem Firefighter01 65 8551 February 1, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Firefighter01
  Do You Need a Hug This Bad? chimp3 40 4412 July 13, 2016 at 5:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Catholics vs. Evangelicals? TrueChristian 40 9048 January 15, 2016 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: MTL
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 22125 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman