Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hi everyone. My name is Eilonnwy, I'm new to these forums and I stumbled upon them through the Atheist Blogger. I'm from Boston and I've been an atheist since I was about 16 although I've never really been to invovled in the atheist community but recently I've started to reach out, I even created my own blog. I look forward to talking with all of you
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Hello
(August 29, 2008 at 8:29 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: Hi everyone. My name is Eilonnwy, I'm new to these forums and I stumbled upon them through the Atheist Blogger. I'm from Boston and I've been an atheist since I was about 16 although I've never really been to invovled in the atheist community but recently I've started to reach out, I even created my own blog. I look forward to talking with all of you

Welcome to the forum Elionnwy. Hope you enjoy your stay and posting new topics, or just taking part in pre-existing topics.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Hi Eilonnwy, welcome to the forums.

Since you are a fellow blasphemer you will burn in hell for eternity unless you accept Jesus Christ our lord and savior into your heart.

Or, you could sin and be without God while you immoral soul is in eternal damnation.

Also I love chocolate.
Hi Eilonnwy, pretty name.

Let's see, you're from Boston . . . it's an irish name?

Welcome aboard.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Welcome to the forums Big Grin
(August 29, 2008 at 11:47 am)StewartP Wrote: Hi Eilonnwy, pretty name.

Let's see, you're from Boston . . . it's an irish name?

Welcome aboard.

It's actually a made up Welsh name. Have you ever heard of the Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander? Princess Eilonwy is the main female character.

It's not my real name but my prefered internet name I've used for a decade now. My real name is Jackie.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(August 29, 2008 at 12:50 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: It's actually a made up Welsh name.

How's it pronounced?

Don't say "Jackie"
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
(August 29, 2008 at 12:50 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: It's actually a made up Welsh name. Have you ever heard of the Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander? Princess Eilonwy is the main female character.

Welsh? Oh dear god she's going to start singing!
Singing?

Anyway, it's pronounced "Ay - lawn - wee" or "Ay - lawn - oo - ee"

The welsh w is actually an oo sound as in boot, but when paired with y can form the "wee" sound, at least that's what I've come to understand when I looked up welsh pronunciations. I use the first version myself.

(August 29, 2008 at 1:41 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Singing?

Anyway, it's pronounced "Ay - lawn - wee" or "Ay - lawn - oo - ee"

The welsh w is actually an oo sound as in boot, but when paired with y can form the "wee" sound, at least that's what I've come to understand when I looked up welsh pronunciations. I use the first version myself.

I'm just stereotyping the Welsh for being singers because the other stereotype isn't so nice lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5941 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3621 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates