Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military people, fall in!
Military people, fall in!
Me. USN '69-'89 (with forty-four months detached duty with OGA.) OUTUS time in S.E.A., Italy, Puerto Rico. Stateside duty in SoCal.
RE: Military people, fall in!
Does having been inside of a military man count as having been in the military?
(October 21, 2018 at 9:09 am)Kit Wrote: Does having been inside of a military man count as having been in the military?

I don't think this forum is at all hidebound.
I went through several Call of Duty world wars. Does it count?
(October 21, 2018 at 9:36 am)purplepurpose Wrote: I went through several Call of Duty world wars. Does it count?

I would give you points for knowing a bit about the whole shooting match. FSM Grin
(October 21, 2018 at 9:07 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Me. USN '69-'89 (with forty-four months detached duty with OGA.) OUTUS time in S.E.A., Italy, Puerto Rico. Stateside duty in SoCal.

I was going to join the navy, but I saw Gene Hackman and joined the Air Force instead.  1996-2000
Short time in the Army in the early/mid 80s. Signal Corp. Combat Telecommunications Center Operator.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 21, 2018 at 9:45 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(October 21, 2018 at 9:07 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Me. USN '69-'89 (with forty-four months detached duty with OGA.) OUTUS time in S.E.A., Italy, Puerto Rico. Stateside duty in SoCal.

I was going to join the navy, but I saw Gene Hackman and joined the Air Force instead.  Late 1990s.

My brother was in the Air Force for 26 years. I don't think he could find his way out. He worked on KCs and Thuds when he was at Utapao.

(October 21, 2018 at 9:45 am)anjele Wrote: Short time in the Army in the early/mid 80s.  Signal Corp.  Combat Telecommunications Center Operator.

Were they teching up in those days, or getting by with WWII equipment?
Came of age during the anti war 70's, so nope.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 21, 2018 at 9:48 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 21, 2018 at 9:45 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: I was going to join the navy, but I saw Gene Hackman and joined the Air Force instead.  Late 1990s.

My brother was in the Air Force for 26 years. I don't think he could find his way out. He worked on KCs and Thuds when he was at Utapao.

(October 21, 2018 at 9:45 am)anjele Wrote: Short time in the Army in the early/mid 80s.  Signal Corp.  Combat Telecommunications Center Operator.

Were they teching up in those days, or getting by with WWII equipment?
Computers that could do one thing...send messages to other comm centers with the exact same computers.
Messages started with VZCZCZ.
Basically got the job because I could type.
Later, for the same reason, I was put to work in the Quartermaster office.  There wasn't a lot of need to operate out of a mobile comm center on Fort Huachuca.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1006 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  Where Do You Fall On The Boru Scale? BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2942 August 22, 2018 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Don't fall for this scam! CapnAwesome 22 2191 January 11, 2016 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  -For those who've served in the military The Grand Nudger 15 3458 July 7, 2014 at 3:54 am
Last Post: critmass235
  Coming home from the military Annik 24 4441 November 5, 2012 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Military service chatpilot 14 3554 March 4, 2010 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: chatpilot
  Me and the Military littlegrimlin1 47 11335 December 1, 2009 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: littlegrimlin1
  Our 'civilisation' is going to fall apart unless people wake up soon. Cludo 6 2352 January 7, 2009 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Jason Jarred