Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/forgott...emembered/

Quote:The forgotten anniversary of a war from hell and why it should be remembered

Quote:We’re already two years past the crystal anniversary and eight years short of the silver one, or at least we would be, had it been a wedding — and, after a fashion, perhaps it was. On October 7, 2001, George W. Bush launched the invasion — “liberation” was the word often used then — of Afghanistan. It was the start of the second Afghan War of the era, one that, all these years later, still shows no signs of ending. Though few realized it at the time, the American people married war. Permanent, generationalinfinite war is now embedded in the American way of life, while just about the only part of the government guaranteed ever more soaring dollars, no matter what it does with them, is the U.S. military.

Quote:And 17 years later, the Taliban controls more of the country than at any moment since 2002; the U.S.-backed Afghan security forces arereportedly taking casualties that may, over the long run, prove unsustainable; provincial capitals have been briefly seized by insurgent forces; civilian deaths, especially of women and children, are at their highest levels in years (as are U.S. and Afghan air strikes); al-Qaeda has grown and spread across significant parts of the Middle East and Africa; a bunch of other terror outfits, including ISIS, are now in Afghanistan; and ISIS, like al-Qaeda (of which it was originally an offshoot), has also franchised itself globally. In other words, 17 years later, what was once known as the Global War on Terror and is now a set of conflicts that no one here even bothers to name has only grown worse. Meanwhile, the military that American presidents repeatedly hailed as the greatest fighting force in history continues to battle fruitlessly across a vast swath of the planet. Afghanistan, of course, remains America’s “longest war,” as articles regularly acknowledged some years ago.
RE: Happy Anniversary!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmT0_hKSUrw

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Happy Anniversary!
At least Afghan people get to see state of the art sexy weapons. And don't forget liberation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  90th anniversary of Fred Trump's arrest at a KKK rally Fake Messiah 2 1204 June 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Fireball