Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Convoy
The Convoy
There is a group of Guadamalans and Hondurans that is headed through Mexico heading for the US border.

What should be done?

( note - only the Libertarian Party has an open borders plank in it' s platform).
RE: The Convoy
Take their valuables and then send them home.

*possible rethuglican thinking*
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 22, 2018 at 5:42 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Take their valuables and then send them home.

Send them home?  What about the slave value?
There's fruits and vegetables to be picked, you know.

Oh wait... I forgot ... Americans are falling all over each other to do those jobs.
Sorry... my bad.

[/sarcasm]
-- 
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
(October 22, 2018 at 5:42 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Take their valuables and then send them home.

So how are we going to split up 27 Centavos and a 1/2 loaf of moldy bread?

Tongue
First, you kidnap their children.  Then, you lock the kids in Quonset huts, deport their parents, and call it 'border protection'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 22, 2018 at 6:24 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:

So how are we going to split up 27 Centavos and a 1/2 loaf of moldy bread?

Tongue

Carefully.
Dying to live, living to die.
Kidding aside - let them in - or turn them back?

There' s upsides and down to both options.

I can't see letting them in - en mass. It would set a dangerous precidence - of " mob rule".

I also can't see turning them all back - human decency says you have to help those who will face death returning.

I don't give a fuck WHO is in charge. There' s gonna be a whole bunch of pissed off people griping, regardless of outcome, regardless of who is POTUS

It's why no sensible person would want the job.
(October 22, 2018 at 7:09 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Kidding aside - let them in - or turn them back?

I can't see letting them in - en mass. It would set a dangerous precidence - of " mob rule".

I also can't see turning them all back - human decency says you have to help those who will face death returning.

I don't give a fuck WHO is in charge. There' s gonna be a whole bunch of pissed off people griping, regardless of outcome, regardless of who is POTUS

Sorry, what does letting them in have to do with mob rule?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 22, 2018 at 7:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 22, 2018 at 7:09 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Kidding aside - let them in - or turn them back?

Sorry, what does letting them in have to do with mob rule?

Boru

If you make an exception - letting in a large group - simply because it' s a large group.
But that's not mob rule. Keeping them out or letting them in based on the majority opinions of USians, irrespective of the relevant laws, would be mob rule.

Boru