Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One concern I have with dialogue choices
One concern I have with dialogue choices
I have seen it in all shows and in movies, as well.

So, I have finally decided to watch The Handmaid's Tale. Without getting too far off topic, let me just briefly state I am fully disgusted with the comparison I see in this show with how 'Murica is seemingly becoming. Scary as fuck.

Now, back to the dialogue concern. In case you haven't seen the show, I will hide what I state:

Seriously, why do shows and movies do this kind of thing? Let's take this a step further in how silly it is in movies. Let's say a main character discovers an important piece of information, fully intending on discussing this information with someone else involved. The next scene arrives and instead of actually discussing that important piece of information the writers create unrealistic dialogue choices where the discussion just doesn't take place.

Mad
/rant
RE: One concern I have with dialogue choices
Honestly, the way I remembered that scene, the boss didn't really know much more than the women about why it was even happening. If the women themselves who would be affected didn't see it coming, I see no problem believing that their boss wouldn't be privy to important information about why it was happening.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
He knew, because he was a man and he said, "It's the new law."

He simply couldn't be arsed to explain himself when she asked.
Shit like this is why I don't watch TV and have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the movies. That, and if I don't have my earplugs that are required at the movies, nowadays.

Syntax in the previous statements may be off. I've been up since 3:30 AM my time, and I'm dog tired.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I'm certain you'll better be capable of a coherent response once you've had some sleep.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One of the best effing shows I have ever seen. Foxaèr 0 604 July 8, 2016 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr