Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And......this is why I don't vote
And......this is why I don't vote
My Democratic vote didn't count worth shit here in Florida where every winner is a Republican. 

Yep, back to not voting ever again in my life.  I should have stayed true to myself this year, but stupid people who think voting matters peer pressured me into voting.   Wacky
RE: And......this is why I don't vote
It' s like buying a lottery ticket.

It sounds promising - but deep down - you know how it' s gonna end.

Wink
If everyone shared your attitude, this country would get set back 60 some years. Many of the races have been too close to call. The dems took back control of the house. At the end of the day, your vote did matter. Be happy that you at least got the opportunity to vote. Many who wanted to, were unable to.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Yup on a national level this was a good night . Trumps going to meet serious opposition for the first time .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 7, 2018 at 1:56 am)Kit Wrote: My Democratic vote didn't count worth shit here in Florida where every winner is a Republican. 

Yep, back to not voting ever again in my life.  I should have stayed true to myself this year, but stupid people who think voting matters peer pressured me into voting.   Wacky

You know that not everyone that votes in an election gets the candidate that they want? That's why it's an election.

Voting patterns change over time. Parties that once had no chance, become parties that narrowly missed winning, become parties that finally win. But not if you don't vote.

Not at in America at the moment because it is currently so polarised, but normally parties are also examining the issues the cause them to lose votes to other parties even if that party did not win. o your vote counts for that as well.

Instead you're going to go back and help the republicans stay in power for the long term.
(November 7, 2018 at 4:15 am)Tizheruk Wrote: Yup on a national level this was a good night . Trumps going to meet serious opposition for the first time .
Lol

You must be stoned outta your mind.

NOTHING has changed.

Half the pubs already had it in for Trump. A few more (  D )s won't make a difference.

Gridlock will go on - as usual.

With both sides pointing their fingers at the other saying "It' s all THEIR fault!!!"
(November 7, 2018 at 1:56 am)Kit Wrote: My Democratic vote didn't count worth shit here in Florida where every winner is a Republican. 

Sorry Kit, but that is a very poor attitude. Democrats have won in Florida. GOP playing nasty is no excuse for giving up. There was a time in America where blacks couldn't hold public office. There was a time when LGBT could not get married. Progress takes time. And believe me, the amount of minorities and women running this year, win or loose has been progress. Voting isn't a one time thing you do, it a lifetime thing. 

We have two Muslim women in congress for the first time. Stacy in GA is still under mandatory recount. Beto lost sure, but 15 years ago dems wouldn't even consider winning a possibility. 

The GOP playing dirty is all the more reason to keep voting. Our choice as a country is to lay down and give up, or fight back. I don't want the country I live in to have the clock turned back and have our country turn into an authoritarian state.

The good thing is we do have the House now, and that will be a check on the orange turd and far better than all three branches being under the control of one party.

It really is not as bad as you think.

When Obama ran the first time, very few could see him winning the primaries when he first announced his run. GOP sure as hell didn't think he could win, but he did. And those dicks the very next day after that election, their leadership came out not to congratulate him, but said "We are going to make him a 1 term president" and guess what, he got 2 terms, despite all the asshole bigots.

Obama won Iowa and NC in one of those elections, AND Florida too. The fact that Stacy in GA came as close as she did, still means it is possible in the future for dems to win more local seats in that state. The fact that Beto came as close as he did, again, is still progress.

This isn't the last election, and I know the more people push back against hate and fear, long term progress always wins, but it still takes time and effort.
Wait until you get the ex-felon block voting next time around.

Or just role over and make it easy for them to take you like a bitch.
(November 7, 2018 at 7:14 am)Whateverist Wrote: Wait until you get the ex-felon block voting next time around.

Yeah I was really pleased to see that pass. Otherwise it was going to be too much of a temptation for the fascists to make everyone a felon who opposed them.

"In any election there may not be someone to vote FOR, but there is always someone to vote AGAINST." If you don't vote against a bad candidate they would count you as one of the people who voted for them.

And convincing good people their vote doesn't matter is a prime strategy of any proto dictator.

AND Missouri pass a medical marijuana initiative. Fuckin' glaucoma...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4652 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 5103 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1153 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1466 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 950 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7796 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1337 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 763 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Vote Blue, no matter who Foxaèr 45 3068 February 9, 2020 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Vote Blue No Matter Who! Foxaèr 18 1395 June 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda