Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting in Southern California
Shooting in Southern California
At least 11 hurt at mass shooting inside a popular dance bar around 1am PST. This is a developing story. 

Quote:Eyewitnesses recounts moment gunman opened fire in California bar

Holden Harrah, who witnessed the shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill, said he was inside the bar with friends, something he does every week.
"I’ve been coming there for about six months. (It's) just a place you go to hang out with friends, just have fun as young adults," he told CNN by phone.
"A gentleman, who walked in through the front door, shot the girl that was right behind the counter," he added.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Shooting in Southern California
Another day another senseless death toll  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

It cant be our flooded market and ease of access.
Can we keep this about the victims?

Shooter is confirmed dead. There are other fatalities but the number is not known at this time.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 8, 2018 at 6:17 am)Brian37 Wrote: It cant be our flooded market and ease of access.
Oh but brian  the US isn't number 1 in gun deaths so it makes it Okay according to NRA fools.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 8, 2018 at 6:20 am)Joods Wrote: Can we keep this about the victims?

Shooter is confirmed dead. There are other fatalities but the number is not known at this time.

As much as this happens to not talk about it even now will not change anything. It would be like ignoring a doctor telling you why the epidemic is affecting so many.

Instead of getting offended by a topic that needs to be discussed SO THAT we have fewer of these events, you should want solutions to these events so that nobody is going to post them at all because they don't happen so frequently.

I am sick of seeing these stories in the news. This happened at a bar, but it could happen anywhere. But because it happened at a bar, and since I go to a sports bar every weekend, and because of the AMOUNT of mass shootings we have, it is going to be in my mind when NOBODY in this country should have to live in fear of dying while in public.

It still remains out of all our first world allies with comparative wealth, WE are #1 in firearm injuries and deaths.

My 1984 HS yearbook HAS  a picture of a mass shooting in it. Back then, that was a rare event, bad enough, BUT RARE. But because of the GOP and NRA they have created a flooded market, lied to the public, and all to protect the profits of one industry.

If you like me are rightfully tired of seeing this, NOW is the time to talk about it and every day is the time to talk about it. Nothing is going to change if the problem isn't faced.

When is the time to talk about it? Are the people who died in this McDonalds  in 1984 any less dead because some don't want to talk about it?

I think if you want to honor the victims of the Synagogue, of Parkland, of Vegas, you don't wait, you say something.

The frequency of these events since 1984 has SKYROCKETED.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro...s_massacre
Police are now saying 12 killed and more than a dozen others hurt.
(November 8, 2018 at 7:10 am)Joods Wrote: Police are now saying 12 killed and more than a dozen others hurt.

Yes and this is why it is important to talk about our flooded market and ease of access. Pointing out the greed of one industry whom are profiting off of fear and death is the real offense that has allowed the frequency of these needless events.

If anyone want to honor these victims, who did nothing wrong, then it is way past time America stands up to these corporations and their profit lobby NRA.

If you are tired of seeing this like me, and you want to see less of these events like me, then stop worrying about when solutions to reduce these events are talked about, and the climate in America that allows these needless events, and value a future and work to a future where these events don't happen as frequently. But arm everyone isn't a solution.
Well, the elections are done, so Americans can get back to business as usual.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 8, 2018 at 7:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, the elections are done, so Americans can get back to business as usual.

Boru

Um no, 40 years of selling fear will not be undone over night. But there is a growing movement and several orgs that are fighting back against our flooded market.

Do I know what moment will break the horrible climate of worship of firearms in America? No. But if Australia can pull it's head out of its ass after Tasmania, I am sure if America wants to end our epidemic here, we can.

You'd think Reagan getting shot would do it. You'd think Columbine would have done it. You'd think Newtown would have done it. But it does seem Parkland sparked a solidarity with all the other victims. 

AND please right wingers, I do not want to hear your BS fear mongering crap about wanting to become a fascist state. 

You can't have it both ways. You can't say "Just keep them out of the wrong hands" then scream "NO!" when we agree with you. 

Sell more is not working, PERIOD!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26074 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 11371 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 5909 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 3672 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 288 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5709 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2721 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  This from the California Tourism Board. Gawdzilla Sama 74 5265 September 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2313 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1334 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am