Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stempy Signing In
Stempy Signing In
Greet-diddly-eetings,

These intro threads are bothersome. To save time, here is list of random facts about me.
  • I'm a Christian. Lions, you may now proceed.
  • I recently got engaged! Excitement! Etc.
  • I'm a Maths teacher.
  • I got my first power tool for Christmas. No wall is safe from my wrath and dubious precision.
  • I like ales, good music (of most varieties), reading theology and philosophy.
  • Other stuff.

Why am I here? Because I think it's genuinely important that people of different beliefs (and lack thereof) get together and understand each other properly and be mutually challenged. This is something that Christians are particularly guilty of by becoming part of isolated communities of clones who don't exercise their neurons.

There you have it.

Stempy.

RE: Stempy Signing In
Growl Tiger

Welcome along Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome to the forums. We atheists enjoy a good discussion/debate with those of theistic persuasion, especially those who are intelligent and civil, as you clearly are. So get stuck in!
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Welcome, from blustery North Carolina, and congratulations on your engagement!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
[Image: skeetshooting-game.jpg]

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
Hello, stempy. Welcome and congrats on the new power tool and whatever you have been mutilating your walls with. Smile
(December 29, 2010 at 6:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: skeetshooting-game.jpg]

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
I've definitely drunk too much vodka tonight. When I saw that pic the first thing I thought was "Why is someone shooting flying saucers?".

*pauses*

*looks from side to side*

*reaches for drink*
(December 29, 2010 at 6:59 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I've definitely drunk too much vodka tonight. When I saw that pic the first thing I thought was "Why is someone shooting flying saucers?".

lmao
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Perhaps you are over-stating the problem, Adrian?

[Image: drinkingproblem.jpg]

Welcome to the forums, Stempy. An articulate Christian with impeccable grammar, are you? I am very pleased to make your acquaintance, sir. I look forward to observing you in action.

Perhaps a bit more about you; e.g., what are your principle theological and philosophical persuasions?
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)