Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rachel Maddow: Betrayal
Rachel Maddow: Betrayal
I put this in History because I lived through it.  No,  it isn't about the WLB or his fucking crooked family of grifters.  IN many ways Richard Nixon was worse because he was every bit as much of a scumbag as Trump but one hell of a lot smarter.

Disclaimer:  For the record, in 1968 I voted for Nixon because I thought Johnson had fucked up ending the war.  Live and learn.

RE: Rachel Maddow: Betrayal
(November 21, 2018 at 12:45 am)Minimalist Wrote: I put this in History because I lived through it.  No,  it isn't about the WLB or his fucking crooked family of grifters.  IN many ways Richard Nixon was worse because he was every bit as much of a scumbag as Trump but one hell of a lot smarter.
Not to mention Nixon had some redeeming achievements. He opened relations with China. He started the EPA. He helped Dr. Who defeat "the Silence".
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
I get a Video Unavailable error.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I checked, it's been removed from youtube from what I can tell. 

Min, is this the one, labeled MSNBC Betrayal: The Plot That Won the White House

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Here's another version.

(November 22, 2018 at 8:11 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote:
(November 21, 2018 at 12:45 am)Minimalist Wrote: I put this in History because I lived through it.  No,  it isn't about the WLB or his fucking crooked family of grifters.  IN many ways Richard Nixon was worse because he was every bit as much of a scumbag as Trump but one hell of a lot smarter.
Not to mention Nixon had some redeeming achievements. He opened relations with China. He started the EPA. He helped Dr. Who defeat "the Silence".

Uh-huh and Hitler made the trains run on time. 

Where the hell have you been, btw?
(November 23, 2018 at 12:29 am)Minimalist Wrote: Where the hell have you been, btw?

Been too long an absence, I agree. Everything is still here, I see.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
More or less.
I was actually behind Nixon in the next election cycle, the 1972 presidential election. I was originally a Wallace supporter, and at the time, my primary motivator was the war in Vietnam and hopes for its end. I had a brother who was fast approaching draft age, so the war was not just a public issue, but a personal one as well. When Wallace got shot in an attempted assassination, I realized the hopes for his presidency were over. I cried all that day and into the night. Afterward, I fastened on Nixon as the only viable hope for an end to the war in Vietnam. If I knew then what we know now, my opinion of him certainly would have been radically different. I think the important lesson that this underscores is how collusion with foreign powers to undermine the U.S. need not be motivated by any defection from an alliance with U.S. interests, but can readily arise as an alliance with more mundane political concerns. I have no doubt that our current president is not above such things. Unfortunately I suspect there will be no smoking gun, and hope only that the 2020 election cycle will purge us of a man I consider to be a very real threat to the legitimate interests of our nation. His utilization of the troops and the migrant caravan to secure tangible advantages for Republican interests in the November elections is as transparent as it can be. That such a president still carries the hopes and support of many in this country does not bode well for us as a nation.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]