Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meteorite Hunters of Morocco
Meteorite Hunters of Morocco
Just look how some money can transform the lives of those Muslim goat herders so they get interested in geology, astronomy and other sciences.

But also since they are collecting the "stones from the sky" aren't they also aware that their venerated Black Stone in the Kaaba is actually a meteorite?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Meteorite Hunters of Morocco
Quote:aren't they also aware that their venerated Black Stone in the Kaaba is actually a meteorite?

Yes, they are.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Meteorite Hunters of Morocco
Fossil sales are brisk in some areas of North Africa.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God the meteorite Minimalist 4 1368 March 10, 2012 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Phil
  4.5 Billion year old meteorite found in Oregon. superstarr 7 3281 June 3, 2010 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist