Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every Apologetic Argument Ever
Every Apologetic Argument Ever
Step 1: Blah blah blah
Step 2: Blah blah blah
Step 3: Therefore JESUS! 

Ta da!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Every Apologetic Argument Ever
Pretty much covers it.
Prime directive rule?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Too many 'Blahs' I have reduced it to a single word 'Blahsus'
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(November 30, 2018 at 8:36 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: Step 1: Blah blah blah

Ta da!

Many times we hear what we want to hear. Since as long as I can remember, I've had friends from pretty much every major worldview and/or religious background. I've learned that even when I disagree with some things, there's still something to be gained by observing and listening. More times than not, the relationships are more important than the arguments.
True IRL.  Not so much on message boards.
(December 1, 2018 at 2:07 am)Minimalist Wrote: True IRL.  Not so much on message boards.

Everything has value. Sometimes the trick is finding the worth in something even when we think it's a sack of trash.

If we were in the woods and I offered you a brick of solid gold or some chips of iron pyrite (fool's gold), and said you could pick one, you would probably choose the brick.  Now if a mean friggin bear showed up and wanted to kill us, and you had a musket with no way to ignite the wheel lock and shoot the beast, I would gander that the pyrite would instantly become more valuable than the gold brick.  We trade, and now you just took down the bear and have a story that you will tell your family and they will tell generations to come.

When we start to discount anything, even the difference between right or wrong and good or bad, we make it harder to achieve our full potential as human beings.
And optimists will continue to insist the glass is half full when we know in reality that it is half empty.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 30, 2018 at 8:36 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: Step 1: Blah blah blah

Ta da!

That is every religion,  not just Christianity.

Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, Hindus ect ect...... 

It is all apology, and all amounts to "I got it right."

It isn't that most humans are bad, but in that most humans mistake their good and success as coming from a divine place rather than considering that our behaviors are not magic, but in our evolution.
My favorite apologetic argument: The Bible MEANS something other than what it SAYS. Wacky
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every person is religious Ahriman 289 11957 November 2, 2023 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: no one
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5486 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Apologetic Taxonomy DeistPaladin 10 1160 December 5, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Consistent Asshole Answer to Every Problem Minimalist 3 1840 June 17, 2016 at 9:37 am
Last Post: tacebotedo
  Brilliant new apologetic fact FreeTony 106 14705 February 23, 2015 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  If faith works how every religion says it works...... superstarr 133 47088 August 31, 2010 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Worst Argument For Religion You Have Ever Heard? CoolBoy 32 12656 August 5, 2010 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Thor