Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 16, 2019, 9:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weight Question - Geniuses Only
Weight Question - Geniuses Only
What weighs more, a pound of gold or a pound of feathers? Why did you choose your answer?

First one to get it wins a 3 day, 2 night stay in a luxury resort. (You'll also get a free demonstration of our new line of vacuums with chance to buy at a special discount price) Smile
RE: Weight Question - Geniuses Only
You're silly!
Everyone knows gold is heavier!
God did it!

Well, this is rather easy, isn't it?
They both weigh the same as a pound of bullshit.

I came to this conclusion by accident, by chance, with no need for a God.

Yay.. I'm off to Blackpool.
Is that on the earth or moon?

And it varies if the wind is blowing.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
(December 1, 2018 at 9:05 pm)wyzas Wrote: Is that on the earth or moon?

And it varies if the wind is blowing.

Earth.

Nobody got the answer yet.
The pound of feathers is heavier, because gold is measured in Troy ounces, in which a pound is the same as 12 ounces in the Avoirdupois system, where a pound is 16 oz. Thanks for inviting me, but this is only a "knowledge" question, not a "figuring out" question.
I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
(December 1, 2018 at 9:25 pm)Fireball Wrote: The pound of feathers is heavier, because gold is measured in Troy ounces, in which a pound is the same as 12 ounces in the Avoirdupois system, where a pound is 16 oz. Thanks for inviting me, but this is only a "knowledge" question, not a "figuring out" question.

Smart arse ;P
(December 1, 2018 at 9:25 pm)Fireball Wrote: The pound of feathers is heavier, because gold is measured in Troy ounces, in which a pound is the same as 12 ounces in the Avoirdupois system, where a pound is 16 oz. Thanks for inviting me, but this is only a "knowledge" question, not a "figuring out" question.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
OK fireball, smarty pants.
What about a ton of gold vs a tonne of feathers!

in space!

Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Find the solution - Only for those who know what everybody else doesn't T0 Th3 M4X 4 236 December 4, 2018 at 5:13 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Mathematical Genius: Who Are Humanity's Current Mathematical Geniuses? Kernel Sohcahtoa 13 642 July 12, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa