Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I m Kristoff
Hello, I m Kristoff
As far as a brief introduction is concerned, I m a 30 year old male from the state of Kentucky (yes, home of the Creation "Museum"Angry) who enjoy science (but not of the "pseudo-" variety), literature, rational thought, language(s), foreign cultures, opera, Australia (but who doesn t, right?), trivia, and, of course, coldies. I guess that about sums it up.
I originally shrugged off the yoke of theistic oppression at the age of nine, was duped again at 12 (via the rigorous dogmatism of the Southern Baptist Convention), recovered at 15, assumed a quasi-theistic stance at 23 (closer to pantheism, really), and soon thereafter fell into a kind of agnosticism of the T.A.P. variety and now consider myself an atheist adrift in a sea of Bluegrass Bible Beaters.
I look forward to making everyone s acquaintance.
RE: Hello, I m Kristoff
Hi Kristoff.

Welcome to the forum. Have you been to the museum? I heard it's a great laugh from atheists that went there.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hi there Kristoff and welcome. Hope to rub brain cells with you....Big Grin
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
(January 13, 2009 at 12:45 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Hi Kristoff.

Welcome to the forum. Have you been to the museum? I heard it's a great laugh from atheists that went there.

I have not yet had the pleasure. I feel torn, from one perspective, in that I hate the idea of spending money there, ostensibly giving support to a religiously motivated agenda. However, I really have to see this for myself. I m going up to Cincinnati next week, so perhaps I ll check it out. However, the Newport Aquarium is also near there, so I may have to postpone. (Plus, I doubt my girlfriend would agree to go anyway).
(January 13, 2009 at 12:40 pm)Kristoff Wrote: As far as a brief introduction is concerned, I m a 30 year old male from the state of Kentucky (yes, home of the Creation "Museum"Angry) who enjoy science (but not of the "pseudo-" variety), literature, rational thought, language(s), foreign cultures, opera, Australia (but who doesn t, right?), trivia, and, of course, coldies. I guess that about sums it up.
I originally shrugged off the yoke of theistic oppression at the age of nine, was duped again at 12 (via the rigorous dogmatism of the Southern Baptist Convention), recovered at 15, assumed a quasi-theistic stance at 23 (closer to pantheism, really), and soon thereafter fell into a kind of agnosticism of the T.A.P. variety and now consider myself an atheist adrift in a sea of Bluegrass Bible Beaters.
I look forward to making everyone s acquaintance.
Hi Kristoff and welcome. I'm confident you will find stuff here that will get you posting!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Hello Kristoff.

Welcome to our little piece of sanity and I hope you have lots of fun here.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
After a long day of tolerating the ill logic of religious fanatics, there's no better place to relax and enjoy sanity than here at the Atheist Forums Tongue

Welcome to the boards Smile
Sanity is highly overrated. { confused }
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
welcome to the forums!
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Welcome Kristoff. Did you know that you name is greek for "the carrier of christ"?

My name is a shortform of a name meaning "Gods spiritual gift" Something I perhaps should change. Can anyone figure out what my name is? Its not my nickname

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6015 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3650 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates