Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hi I'm 41yo. Im an Agnostic with Christian values.

I was raised in Australia by Catholic  European immigrants.
By the time i finished high school I was an Atheist.
I became Agnostic before turning 30yo.

Im here to understand more about the atheist position.
I want to learn why so many atheists are angry, why some dismiss the agnostic position, why some preach anti theism and more.
RE: Hello
hello.
Welcome Woof.

Angry, dismissive, anti, ......... different strokes/different folks.

Would you hold the same values without religion?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 9, 2018 at 9:16 am)Agnostico Wrote: Hi I'm 41yo. Im an Agnostic with Christian values.

I want to learn why so many atheists are angry, why some dismiss the agnostic position, why some preach anti theism and more.

First off, not good to accuse all atheists as being angry. Huge difference between dislike of an individual, blasphemy of a bad claim, and anger itself.

It is possible to value human rights and at the same time criticize bad claims. I love my late mother, she was a Catholic her entire life, but no, just because I loved her, does not mean I find her religious claims credible. 

And get used to hearing "Agnostic atheist" around here. If you don't know something ask, but don't assume. 

Outside that I love Australia, was in Brisbane this last Feb.
(December 9, 2018 at 9:16 am)Agnostico Wrote: Im here to understand more about the atheist position.

Here's one answer.

I'm curious. When you say you have Christian values, do you mean in the same way that a secular Jew has Jewish values, or do you mean something more akin to believing the metaphysical and supernatural claims of Christianity.

Anyway, Welcome to the forum. Diversity is the lifeblood of any healthy community and I welcome yours. Enjoy!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I want to ad though, as far as FGM, Muslims are not the only ones who do that to girls, many sects of African Christians do it as well. And Jews and Christians also depending on family circumcise baby boys.
(December 9, 2018 at 9:16 am)Agnostico Wrote: Hi I'm 41yo. Im an Agnostic with Christian values.

In my mind you can perfectly be an agnostic atheist. Surely there are many gods I think they are impossible to be, like the common human gods. Agnostic means I can't rule out any gods, atheist because I have no reason to believe in any presented so far. Thwy seem to be undetectable, existing only in our deep human feeling Marvin

Welcome to the forum. I hope you brought your wits with you. 22 tears ago I thought my self an agnostic. I didn't want in any fights I thought that was the middle ground. Its all a cathegorical error.
Hi welcome to AF from an agnostic atheist
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome.

I'm angry because of non-god related bullshittery.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Welcome. I hope you find the answers you’re looking for.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates