Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shake it up oooh ooh, shake it up......
Shake it up oooh ooh, shake it up......
Rare earthquake hit Tennessee magnatude 4.4... This reminds me of when I was living in central Va a long time ago. I slept through a 4.0 and when I went to work in the morning I didn't believe my co workers, because I didn't feel it. Went home to watch the news after work, yep, it was an earthquake.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/usgs-44-ma...e/25540224
RE: Shake it up oooh ooh, shake it up......
I live in NE MS and just woke up to a bunch of texts asking if I was okay from people who don't live locally. I'm still confused. Pass the caffeine please.
(December 12, 2018 at 7:34 am)RhettaMae Wrote: I live in NE MS and just woke up to a bunch of texts asking if I was okay from people who don't live locally. I'm still confused. Pass the caffeine please.

My X, is from Japan, long before the big one they had a few years ago, every time I'd hear about one there, I'd ask her if her family was ok, she'd say, "Brian, it is a big country."

Even today, I have friends in Australia whom, whenever there is a hurricane, they ask me if if I am in the way, and most of the time I give them the same response, "Not even close to me."
(December 12, 2018 at 7:40 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 12, 2018 at 7:34 am)RhettaMae Wrote: I live in NE MS and just woke up to a bunch of texts asking if I was okay from people who don't live locally. I'm still confused. Pass the caffeine please.

My X, is from Japan, long before the big one they had a few years ago, every time I'd hear about one there, I'd ask her if her family was ok, she'd say, "Brian, it is a big country."

Even today, I have friends in Australia whom, whenever there is a hurricane, they ask me if if I am in the way, and most of the time I give them the same response, "Not even close to me."

And other times you're ...---... Razz

First earthquake I ever experienced was April or May of 1969, Indiana. Rocked my chair a wee bit.

The one that got me my nick was a 5.3.
I was working in Anchorage at the Federal Building in 1979, and was riding an elevator from the basement to the 7th floor - when a 5. something hit. Didn't notice.

When the doors opened, the lady who I was meeting was there - and she asked " weren't you scared?"...

I answered "Nope. I' ve been in an elevator before"...

Cool
There was a ver small tremor in Alabama once. It woke me up at night briefly, but it's such a rare thing that I thought I had just been startled from a dream. I went back to sleep, but come morning Mom asked me if I felt the house move.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

No matter what you say about Missouri you can't fault New Madrid.
(December 12, 2018 at 8:35 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: No matter what you say about Missouri you can't fault New Madrid.

Those plates are always scapegoating, always saying, "It's not my fault". HA, I MADE A FUNNY!
We had a 5.6 back in 1993 that woke me at around 5:30 in the morning.  I rolled over and went back to sleep.  Wake me up for the big one.
I've been through a few earthquakes between living in northern California and Alaska, and I slept through every gorram one.
Formerly Loom from TTA (rip)

~Ignorance is not to be ignored.~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I Were Raul Castro I Wouldn't Shake The WLB's Hand Either Minimalist 0 390 April 7, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Shake It Up, Mueller. The Time Has Come. Minimalist 2 344 October 10, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Brian37