Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreamscape Physics
Dreamscape Physics
I dream a lot and over the years, I have had many dreams and when I'm aware that I'm dreaming, powers often manifest.

Last night for example, I was trying to punch through a concrete wall. I hit it very hard with my fist several times, but it didn't seem like I was having any effect on it.
I went outside to see if anything happened to the other side of the wall and sure enough, half of the thickness of the wall had crumbled down.
I went back and punched again. I could feel the pain in my hands as it hit the wall and the joy as the wall finally came down.

I then tried to levitate in the air with my new found joy, but it was so difficult. I could only go a few feet in the air and then I dropped back down to the ground.

When I awoke from the dream, I began to think about the mental environment that I was operating in and physics involved.
It's not a true physics of course. It's what my mind copies from reality. I began to wonder how that battle plays out between my own sense of self with powers and my own mind that creates the environment.

There is a tug of war of sorts between ideas of what should happen and what I attempt to make happen.

It's all very fascinating to me.

In my dreams I can breathe underwater, walk through walls, fly to the moon and beyond.
I can also intentionally jump off a building and intentionally not fly, hitting the ground in an experiment to see if I would die.

The thing is, I know what it feels like to die. I've been at death's door and survived.
When I hit the ground in my dream, I felt like I was dying. I had to fight to stay alive and fight very hard to wake up.
My heart was pounding and I never attempted that little experiment ever again.

I had to wonder how difficult it might be to bypass the physics that our minds setup in our dreams ?

What are your thoughts ?
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
RE: Dreamscape Physics
(December 22, 2018 at 11:39 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: I dream a lot and over the years, I have had many dreams and when I'm aware that I'm dreaming, powers often manifest.

Last night for example, I was trying to punch through a concrete wall. I hit it very hard with my fist several times, but it didn't seem like I was having any effect on it.
I went outside to see if anything happened to the other side of the wall and sure enough, half of the thickness of the wall had crumbled down.
I went back and punched again. I could feel the pain in my hands as it hit the wall and the joy as the wall finally came down.

I then tried to levitate in the air with my new found joy, but it was so difficult. I could only go a few feet in the air and then I dropped back down to the ground.

When I awoke from the dream, I began to think about the mental environment that I was operating in and physics involved.
It's not a true physics of course. It's what my mind copies from reality. I began to wonder how that battle plays out between my own sense of self with powers and my own mind that creates the environment.

There is a tug of war of sorts between ideas of what should happen and what I attempt to make happen.

In my dreams I can breathe underwater, walk through walls, fly to the moon and beyond.
I can also intentionally jump off a building and intentionally not fly, hitting the ground in an experiment to see if I would die.

The thing is, I know what it feels like to die. I've been at death's door and survived.
When I hit the ground in my dream, I felt like I was dying. I had to fight to stay alive and fight very hard to wake up.

I had to wonder how difficult it might be to bypass the physics that our minds setup in our dreams ?

What are your thought ?

Maybe you had food poisoning.  It can give you weird dreams.

Bad tacos = Think you can punch through walls
(December 22, 2018 at 11:42 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(December 22, 2018 at 11:39 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: I dream a lot and over the years, I have had many dreams and when I'm aware that I'm dreaming, powers often manifest.

What are your thought ?

Maybe you had food poisoning.  It can give you weird dreams.

Sorry, no food poisoning. This was a normal dream for me. Nothing weird happened.
When I have a weird dream, it gets mighty weird.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
(December 22, 2018 at 11:44 pm)Rahn127 Wrote:
(December 22, 2018 at 11:42 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Maybe you had food poisoning.  It can give you weird dreams.

Sorry, no food poisoning. This was a normal dream for me. Nothing weird happened.

Maybe a chemical reaction to something then.  Rat poison, swallowing too much toothpaste, or something.  I dunno.  Lots of things can give you weird dreams.  They could even be self-induced.  Like when you're anxious about something, and your mind starts playing tricks on you in the form of a dream.  Admittedly, I've had that happen to me before.
(December 23, 2018 at 12:13 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(December 22, 2018 at 11:44 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: Sorry, no food poisoning. This was a normal dream for me. Nothing weird happened.

Maybe a chemical reaction to something then.  Rat poison, swallowing too much toothpaste, or something.  I dunno.  Lots of things can give you weird dreams.  They could even be self-induced.  Like when you're anxious about something, and your mind starts playing tricks on you in the form of a dream.  Admittedly, I've had that happen to me before.

I feel like you're missing the point of the post.

I'm looking to discuss the mental physics that our minds use to create a dream world. And given that, how our own sense of self attempts to break those rules.

In reality, our minds do the very best to copy the environment that our senses sends it through the electrical impulses that generate in our eyes, ears, sense of touch, smell & taste.

A concrete wall in our minds is hard because it copies all the properties that we have learned about concrete walls through our senses.

We sense reality.

But in our dreams, the physics dynamic is a bit different because we aren't sensing a real concrete wall.
It's only a mental construct based upon the real one that we know of.

My question revolves around how we or more specifically, I, am able to create powers that can bypass the mental constructs within my own dreams and the dynamic that must be playing out between a mind trying to create order and a sense of self trying to circumvent it.
I get what you are trying to do, but trying to elevate your "magical dream powers" would probably mean chemically inducing them somehow, and I'm, of course, not trying to encourage anybody to do such a thing. Usually when we're asleep, the function of the body is to go into a repair mode. Most dreams are short-term memory, so even when you do dream, more times than not you forget you had the dream when you wake up or it's very vague.
I have a very large journal of dreams I've had over the past 5 decades. I remember most all of my dreams. They are detailed and I would say most are simply average, but at least once a week or close to that, I'll be conscious that I'm dreaming.

When I'm conscious that what I'm in is a dream, all possibilities open up.

I've recorded over 30 different dream abilities / powers.

In my early teens, I was very ego driven in my dreams.
I felt all powerful. I felt like I could do anything.
I couldn't, but I felt like I could.

A few years later, I was humbled in my dreams by people with seemingly more power than myself.

I was not the king and the realization of that made me realize that might does not make right.

I developed a sense of morality within my own dreams. There were things I wouldn't do, even if I could.

All of those thought processes in reality meant that more areas of my brain we're awake and working even while I slept.

And no, having powers within dreams are normal. No chemical elevation needed. No drugs needed.

I know I'm not going to get much of any answers through this post, but sometimes just talking about it can create epiphanies.
(December 23, 2018 at 2:48 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: I have a very large journal of dreams I've had over the past 5 decades. I remember most all of my dreams. They are detailed and I would say most are simply average, but at least once a week or close to that, I'll be conscious that I'm dreaming.

When I'm conscious that what I'm in is a dream, all possibilities open up.

I've recorded over 30 different dream abilities / powers.

In my early teens, I was very ego driven in my dreams.
I felt all powerful. I felt like I could do anything.
I couldn't, but I felt like I could.

A few years later, I was humbled in my dreams by people with seemingly more power than myself.

I was not the king and the realization of that made me realize that might does not make right.

I developed a sense of morality within my own dreams. There were things I wouldn't do, even if I could.

All of those thought processes in reality meant that more areas of my brain we're awake and working even while I slept.

And no, having powers within dreams are normal. No chemical elevation needed. No drugs needed.

I know I'm not going to get much of any answers through this post, but sometimes just talking about it can create epiphanies.

If it's a dream, what's the point of the powers?  Just for sensory perception to say you did it?  In itself, that would be pretty cool.
What is the point of having powers in a dream ?

You might as well ask, what is the point in watching a sunrise or a sunset or listening to wonderful music ?

The point is you get to experience something wonderful that you normally don't get to do.
I know what it feels like to run off the top of a building and fall toward the ground and then at the last moment, you fly into the air as if you're on a roller coaster.

That's what roller coasters do. They give you that sense of flight, that sense of coasting through the air and feeling the g forces as you make a turn.
I feel that way in my dreams.

I've tried to walk through doors that didn't want to be walked through. I nearly got stuck. It was like hardening cement all around me. It was scary.

I've had bad guys chase me in my dreams. It very advantageous when you can simply fly away from them or fight them with a variety of powers so they can't hurt you.

Have you ever been tortured in real life. Had someone hold you down so that you can't move, can't escape. can't stop them from doing anything to you ?
I have. It's a nightmare played out in real life that doesn't go away. I'm nearly 54 years old and I still have nightmares about those times. And it wasn't just once.

I've had to develop powers in my dreams to avoid being tortured in my dreams.
I can't be drowned. I can breathe under water
I can't be held. I can walk through walls.

So maybe now you see what the point of powers are in dreams.
(December 23, 2018 at 4:29 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: What is the point of having powers in a dream ?

You might as well ask, what is the point in watching a sunrise or a sunset or listening to wonderful music ?

The point is you get to experience something wonderful that you normally don't get to do.
I know what it feels like to run off the top of a building and fall toward the ground and then at the last moment, you fly into the air as if you're on a roller coaster.

That's what roller coasters do. They give you that sense of flight, that sense of coasting through the air and feeling the g forces as you make a turn.
I feel that way in my dreams.

I've tried to walk through doors that didn't want to be walked through. I nearly got stuck. It was like hardening cement all around me. It was scary.

I've had bad guys chase me in my dreams. It very advantageous when you can simply fly away from them or fight them with a variety of powers so they can't hurt you.

Have you ever been tortured in real life. Had someone hold you down so that you can't move, can't escape. can't stop them from doing anything to you ?
I have. It's a nightmare played out in real life that doesn't go away. I'm nearly 54 years old and I still have nightmares about those times. And it wasn't just once.

I've had to develop powers in my dreams to avoid being tortured in my dreams.
I can't be drowned. I can breathe under water
I can't be held. I can walk through walls.

So maybe now you see what the point of powers are in dreams.

To each his own. Smile

I can't deny your "dream powers" so no reason to try to. I wish you the best in it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution VS Natural Selection [minute physics] pocaracas 2 1290 January 25, 2014 at 4:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas