Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I confess
I confess
Look, I have a little confession to make.

This may come as a shock to a lot of you, but I am not who you think I am.

I am neither a baptist, nor am I from the south.

As far as I know there is no Foxborough Tennessee, and I do not live there.

I am from the upper midwest.

I come from a Christian tradition, but I abhor and fear the religious right and feel there theology and political influence have caused great harm to the United States.

I don't agree with atheists, but I am somewhat impressed with disporpriationate lack of tribalism, their concern for the excluded and marginalized and abhorrence for totalitarianism and group think.

I guess I was just trying to have a little fun and satirize viewpoints and people I really don't agree with.

Hopefully we can get back on track! Cool Cool
RE: I confess
Well yeah, Christians always spout such nonsense to truly whopping degrees whether they're honest or not that it's hard to notice when they're honest and when they're not.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
What?! You're a Poe?

I would never have guessed. Coffee
(January 1, 2019 at 2:14 pm)ResoluteBaptist Wrote: Look, I have a little confession to make.

I come from a Christian tradition, but I abhor and fear the religious right and feel there theology and political influence have caused great harm to the United States.

I don't agree with atheists, but I am somewhat impressed with disporpriationate lack of tribalism, their concern for the excluded and marginalized and abhorrence for totalitarianism and group think.

I guess I was just trying to have a little fun and satirize viewpoints and people I really don't agree with.

So, you’re admitting to trolling us, then? Interesting.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(January 1, 2019 at 2:14 pm)ResoluteBaptist Wrote: Look, I have a little confession to make.

You realize that trolling is a violation of Forum rules, correct?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Ban
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
We're looking into it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Like I'm gonna believe you now.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What trolls lack in brains, they make for in asshattery.
People. Ugh.