Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evening All ...
Evening All ...
Hi Guys.
I'm Dan .. new to the site today.
Have joined up to have some rational discussions with both fellow atheists and theists alike.
I am fascinated by the concept that people can keep faith in deities in spite of overwhelming evidence and scientific fact.
Although I am against religion, I don't discriminate against individuals based on their faith or opinions.

Anyway ... HI!!!!

x
RE: Evening All ...
Welcome
HELLO!!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Now why on earth would we want to be rational? Wink

Welcome. Dive right in!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome aboard fellow athe- oh, hey, wait...

Big Grin No seriously, have a good time here, dude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDT7GP9l1-I&NR=1
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Evening!Mondays
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2163 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Evening. Nonpareil 15 1254 March 2, 2017 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Big Grin Evening! Randys brother 32 4514 October 10, 2015 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Randys brother
  Good Evening Everyone Rahul 19 4409 June 4, 2013 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5608 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Good evening all Abraham3 13 3141 December 2, 2010 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Good evening Mr Olefemi 13 3229 July 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mr Olefemi
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3933 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora